• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to lace?

royal618

Reaction score
What's your preference?

I just put a new pair of laces in a pair of shoes today and was wondering what the consensus is, if indeed there is one?

Morris

Reaction score

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straight (Fashion) Lacing on that site for me.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been using "shoe shop" lacing but am going to transition to Straight (European) Lacing.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
straight for closed laced shoes and criss cross for open laced shoes

Ditto.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a new pair of Santoni shoes for business. At home, I debated whether to go with criss-cross lacing or straight-across lacing, and so I did one shoe in each pattern but never decided. Eventually I forgot all about the situation, and when it came time to pack for a recent business trip, I quickly threw the shoes in my luggage. After an important meeting, I got back to the hotel and began taking off my shoes, only to then realize that each one was laced in a different pattern....
blush.gif

Miguel Antonio

Reaction score
Hidden Knot Lacing. It's like the Straight (Fashion) Lacing with the important difference that the ugly knot is hidden, thus making it the most elegant choice. The other side of the coin is that the hidden knot may cause slight discomfort if not positioned well.

JamesT

Reaction score
I just looked at the links on that website; I was suprised to find styleforum among all the lace sites his list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads