Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to know if gucci loafers are real?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wctaylor, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

^Not a condemnation of you, but the shoes, and the people who do like them simply because of the logo.

Don't backpedal, someone bought these for the OP because they thought he would like them. [​IMG]

2. wctaylor

wctaylor Member

Don't backpedal, someone bought these for the OP because they thought he would like them. [​IMG]

haha if you only knew the story

3. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

What one likes and what other people think one would like are often worlds apart.

haha if you only knew the story

Well, spill.

4. wctaylor

wctaylor Member

I dont have time to explain how or why someone gave me these shoes, just trying to figure out if there real or not.

5. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

I dont have time to explain how or why someone gave me these shoes, just trying to figure out if there real or not.

Ok. They're bogus.

/thread.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. Joe Cool

Joe Cool Senior member

Yet you have time enough first to post and then follow up 4 times on this thread you created.

I think this is interweb speak for "I bought them from a guy on Ebay for $250 but now I'm beginning to wonder if I got bamboozled"

8. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Yet you have time enough first to post and then follow up 4 times on this thread you created.

I think this is interweb speak for "I bought them from a guy on Ebay for $250 but now I'm beginning to wonder if I got bamboozled"

He's very busy! Too busy, in fact, to use correct English!

I can overlook typos, or even missed words in SF posts. But the wrong forms of homonyms - I cannot stand by and let another do such a thing. [​IMG]

9. wctaylor

wctaylor Member

I didnt buy these shoes and never would. They were a gift from a girl I dated for a short period of time. She gave them to me for christmas with no box (sketchy) stating she got a great deal on them. Since we do not talk anymore and since I will never wear them I wanted to get rid of them. I looked all over the internet for the same model and found no similar results so I stumbled on this forum and thought you all might know what your talking about. Since then Ive received a whole lot of people giving there worthless opinion who need a job or a hobby or something else to waste there time with. Those of you that provided productive and insightful opinions, thank you. I will hold onto them until I can get to an actual gucci store and confirm they are infact fake. I have cole haan's that are much better quality than these which is what initially led me to beleive they are fake. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do with these (trashcan, ebay)?

10. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do with these (trashcan, ebay)?

^ This

12. wctaylor

wctaylor Member

He's very busy! Too busy, in fact, to use correct English!

I can overlook typos, or even missed words in SF posts. But the wrong forms of homonyms - I cannot stand by and let another do such a thing. [​IMG]

Get a life man. My apoligies for not proof reading. I hope you dont lose any sleep over my incorrect usage of "there".

13. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Get a life man. My apoligies for not proof reading. I hope you dont lose any sleep over my incorrect usage of "there".

Apology accepted. Now I can finally get to bed. ::whew::

In all seriousness, if you decide to hang around here for a while, you'll get used to the general level of sarcasm, snark, and dickishness here. It's all meant (well, mostly) in good fun.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

[​IMG]

i can tell you why this is fake right off the bat, they cut the leather not precisely and not stitched at the edge for the horsebit section for one thing. that stood out right away.

the guccissima leather looks fake to me as well.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor