• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Go Through $40 Billion

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
...and that seems to be why the other posters are so mad.

If that is the case then I agree with you. I guess the greater point is that if he hadn't have been such a greedy dickhead in the first place, the article would never have been written and we would never have been talking about it to begin with.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He tried to buy my grandmother's house at one point when he was doing his whole deal in Beverly Hills that ended with him trying to buy almost everything above the BH Hotel. She was indignant in her holdout.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i'd spend a couple of months buying homes, a couple jets, some cars, setting my friends up for life, then take the rest of the money and set up some kind of merit-based scholarship program for college kids. something nice like that.

those guys are assholes.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
He tried to buy my grandmother's house at one point when he was doing his whole deal in Beverly Hills that ended with him trying to buy almost everything above the BH Hotel. She was indignant in her holdout.

Serious? Your grandma would have raked in tens of millions for that. I doubt he cares what he paid.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
That doesn't make it right and it certainly doesn't provide justification for people to NOT be mad.
There's certainly no reason to be mad. To be fair, at least he was helping the economy. If you want to be mad, get mad at Madoff and how he spent his billions.

swisschalet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Bunch of scumbags. Hang them all and feed their liver to the dogs.
Originally Posted by ms244
Seriously, what did they do to deserve this money? If other people didn't find oil, build massive industrial complexes for manufacture of steel, plastics, rubber, etc , invent cars, planes, trains, ships, all the things that are needed for cars etc etc they would still be poor ******* nobodies. Yet they are worshiped and have (literally) more money then God. If there is a case for us to take over oil rich countries this is it. A $40 billion investment in that shithole would've made it the best place in the world.
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Umad? Seriously why do you care? Some people are born with money. Some people are born with looks. Some people are born with incredible intelligence. What do you want them to do? Distribute it to the world and give it to you? I bet you want the rich in this country to be taxed at 70% as well to feed the poor. Posts like this reek of jealousy.
They're jealous because the princes are darkies and no ****** should ever have more than whitey (you know, because they are inferior). What these guys above don't understand is that their white masters are doing the same thing and ******* them over while continuously feeding them the myth of the middle class and telling them that if they work harder, just a little bit harder, they too might become rich. Their masters are just more practiced at not doing such blatantly obvious things and keeping it out of the media (except for that minor wall st/banking trouble).

TheAssman

Reaction score
Pretty pathetic that after spending even $100 million these guys didn't realize that excess material possessions will not bring you any real fulfillment.

The amount of good these guys could have done in the world with this kind of money is staggering. We're talking millions of lives saved. I would love to get off fossil fuels simply to deny these oil barons their pitifully meaningless life styles.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
It might be fun to buy up a bunch of Rock memorabilia - Jimi's guitars, The Beatles publishing rights, all of the remaining late 50s Les Pauls.

All clothes tailored, created just for moi. Lots of handmade shoes and shirts.

I'd buy up some networks and start the Atheism Channel, purely because it would piss so many people off. I'd get Bill O'Reilly to host it.

I'd buy Greece

I'd buy up all of the Dairy Queens and rename them to Dairy Drag Queen

Full page NYT, Google, Facebook campaigns to eliminate "epic" and "sick" from the lexicon.

I'd pay Dustin Hoffman to talk like Rain Main every time he went out in public.

Totally bring back the Woolly Mammoth

Sponsor an MTV program that demonstrated how Bob Marley stole "Buffalo Soldier" from The Banana Splits theme song.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I like the cut of your jib, young man.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40B in H&B. that'll make for one hell of a 3 day weekend.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you stay humble when you reach a certain level of wealth? Jeezus, this is crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads