How to get over a break-up?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Apr 29, 2004.

1. orthofrancis

orthofrancis Senior member

So don't ever go back out with her again. Best thing you can do is to ; 1) date someone else, 2) just forget about her (easy to say, hard to do), 3) get your stuff back, and divest (destroy) yourself of anything that reminds you of her, or is from her., 4) find some music that's really hitting your heart, be it unf*ckingly believably angry, or sad, 5) get your emotions out (I was in a band, and wrote lots of angry, angry, angry songs - made for good music).

Same thing happened to me about 10 years ago - got dumped by my 4 year girlfriend when I was about to propose to her. Got depressed for two months, listened to Hank WIlliams and the CroMags, rebounded and "dated" anything that had two X chromosomes for the next year, and spent all the engagement ring money on that. Found the love of my life 3 years later, and was glad that the first girl dumped me, otherwise I wouldn't have met her.

Men shouldn't get married before they're 30 anyway, as our "stock" becomes more valuable each year.

So the short of it is, go bang someone else. That works for most people.

2. Skyler

Skyler Senior member

For christssake: buck up.

Or better yet, call Ron Rider, drop $600 smacks on a pair of his cordovan chukkas (sp?), pull the boots on, start drinking, then hit the bars and you'll have skirts aplenty... and a nifty pair of kicks the next morning.

3. Skyler

Skyler Senior member

For christssake: buck up.

Or better yet, call Ron Rider, drop $600 smacks on a pair of his cordovan chukkas (sp?), pull the boots on, start drinking, then hit the bars and you'll have skirts aplenty... and a nifty pair of kicks the next morning.

You idiot: his original post is 4 f****** years old!

4. Skyler

Skyler Senior member

You idiot: his original post is 4 f****** years old!

Oh. Well... Ron's boots are still killer.

5. boone4mayor

boone4mayor New Member

It may be a little immature but the best way to get over someone is to get on top of someone else.

6. jyook

jyook Senior member

To the reviver of this thread:

The two things that I kept hearing that I hated hearing was "Time will heal all wounds.." and "It's better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all..."

Everytime I heard those, I wanted to punch the speaker in the face... Fact is, those statements are very very true...

Have faith that given enough time, you will look back at this relationship and think, "What was I thinking going out with her??"

LOL this thread is way old, I don't even remember how many girls back she was

See what I mean?? [​IMG]

7. RatherAnOddball

RatherAnOddball Senior member

I'm sorry, but I can't be bothered to read all of this thread, so this suggestion might very well have been offered already:

Become a regular reader of MenAreBetterThanWomen.com.

Easy.

8. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I played racquetball with a friend after a fight with my girlfriend - now that is a great way to blow off some steam and forget about your troubles. Nothing like a ball flying by your head at 50 MPH to take your mind off things.
    +1. I have found that playing squash (similar to racquetball) is one of the best, most cathartic ways of dealing with stress/frustration/grief - and it keeps you fit, too.

9. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

not really a break up or anything, but the chick i had been dating for the last couple of months dropped the "i am not really ready yet and i need to first understand myself before i get into a serious relationship" bullshit. Fuck it.

10. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

I'm sorry, but I can't be bothered to read all of this thread, so this suggestion might very well have been offered already:

Become a regular reader of MenAreBetterThanWomen.com.

Easy.

Pretty funny stuff.

11. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Jon. Her name was Jon.

[​IMG] thanks for bringing that up, now you got me missing jon's nice smooth body
    I LOL'd.

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I LOL'd.

+1 [​IMG]

How did I ever miss that thread?

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Jon really did have a lot of weird shaving threads. I thought we were alluding to his "semi-turgid" shaving post until I read the link. I miss him though. The g33k can't fulfill my needs.

Jon.

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

15. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Jon really did have a lot of weird shaving threads. I thought we were alluding to his "semi-turgid" shaving post until I read the link. I miss him though. The g33k can't fulfill my needs.

Jon.

Is Jon done? I mean, like new construction done? Like easy home mortgages done?