• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to get grease out of chinos?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some grease (the black lubricant, not the cooking kind) on some tan chino's this morning. Anything I can do to save them? They're my work pants, so a little residue is OK, and the material is very sturdy. I'm going to try soap and a scrub brush first. Any other ideas?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
if they are work pants just wash them seperately and wear that grease stain like a badge of honor.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dish soap or 'Greased Lightning'. Some light scrubbing in great quantities helps. Do NOT put them in a dryer until the stain is completley gone/to your liking.

I went through this when my ratbike blew a gasket violently on my way to work one day. Good luck!

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used Shampoo on grease stains with pretty good success as well.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was scrubbing down my bathroom today and read the back of the the Pine-Sol bottle. Apparently you can use this on grease stains. Rub it on full strength before washing.

KenN

Reaction score
Try degreasers that auto mechanics clean their hands with. Or use soaps (i.e. not detergents), I think a strong dish soap would work.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Dawn and its worked well for me.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Try degreasers that auto mechanics clean their hands with. Or use soaps (i.e. not detergents), I think a strong dish soap would work.
Yeah, I would try something like Gojo orange (w/o pumice), scrub it into the fibers with a toothbrush and rinse it, then try Dawn, do the same thing. Don't put it in the dryer until you have given up trying to get the grease out.

yesnoyes

Reaction score
Perhaps rubbing alcohol? They've gotten everything out of anything ive ever gotten on my pants except for hot glue...

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lestoil works majically on oil stains. Place a small amount to cover the stain, rub the fabric together for a second and let sit for 5 minutes. Then wash. Bye, bye stain!

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.