• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to evoke a wartime reporter look?

doopdoop

Reaction score
Bros--

I'm balding so I need to become more rugged looking in order to attract tail. I'll start by shaving my head and packing on mass. Now, I'm seeking advice on manly, yet professional attire. I can wear whatever I want because I work for myself, so I'll dress as a journalist covering the Congo. Who are the most stylish journalists/travellers of all time? What about modern journalists?

The Doop

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is obviously a joke but polo always comes out with a few items that fit the criteria.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this thread is where I should post requests for scans of 1970's Banana Republic catalogs.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. Still remember my Franco ass kicking pants with fondness.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wartime reporter calls for battle rattle. Kevlar, in navy. Also in navy, a ballistic vest with the small arms protective insert (SAPI) ceramic plates. Why navy? Go w/ camouflage, beige or olive drab and you could be identified as a combatant. For shirts and pants do not wear any type of polyester / man-made material. When they burn they melt... right into your skin. Nasty wounds.

Need some decent, durable lightweight boots that are easy to take off and put on; go w/ the Converse Tactical Boots w/ side zip. Get extra dog tags and lace 'em to your boots, like so.

Your blood type is the important info on those tags.

Enjoy the Congo. Give youths with machetes a wide berth. And if you meet up with the LRA... say your prayers.

Last edited:

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He isnt a wartime reporter, hes just some guy who works at home who wants to play dress up.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A vest (photo example Tilley Endurables) with multiple zippered or Velcro'd pockets and pouches will be very useful to carry things.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics