1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

how to dye/colour the holes of brogue shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ben Bentley, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley Member

I want to dye the holes of my light tan brogues black, to accent the holes - any ideas? I tried using black shoe cream on a cotton bud (very time consuming!) but after a couple of polishes of the shoes themselves, the black dye has virtually disappeared and the holes are back to tan .. . ideas welcome!
    B

2. SiegfriedFuerst

SiegfriedFuerst Well-Known Member

I use Fiebings black leather dye to touch up the edge of my soles, it's considerably more permanent than creme polish, but also very strong, so you definitely need to be careful. There's also a small risk of it bleeding so start somewhere that's less conspicuous. Once it's in there use a sealer/conditioner and it should be pretty permanent.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013