• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to do Brunello Cucinelli for less?

TheVirt

Reaction score
After staying in the Classic Menswear zone for a while, I've decided I want to dress a little closer to my age (21) in a more casual style, yet still keep those elements of tailoring that I like. I've really been loving Brunello Cucinelli and its play on clashing formalities, with Brunello himself even saying that he always wears a tie with jeans for some degree of subversion. The brand seems to share a color scheme with Loro Piana as well, with heavy emphasis on neutrals and textures.

The issue, of course, is that as amazing as I find Brunello's stuff, it's way out of budget. The only other brand that has a similar aesthetic would be Eleventy, but the nature of Italian manufacturing means that its pricing is still quite a stretch. To be clear, I'm not expected ASOS prices -- there is definitely a cost associated with niche design, material cost, and scale of production.

The two main questions I have now are:
  1. Are there any brands with a similar aesthetic to Brunello apart from Eleventy that are ideally at a lower price point? Place of manufacture is not a major concern to me, though I'd like to find stuff that isn't H&M quality...
  2. What styling tips can I pick up on to achieve the Brunello look? So far what I've observed has been an emphasis on leather boots with tailoring, slim cargo/sweat pants (which I haven't found much of), suede/down vests, and a neutral palette (greys, navy/blues, beige, browns).
  3. How can I go about attaining these items at a reasonable cost? I'd like to keep my budget to around $200 or under for individual pieces, and secondhand is definitely on the table.
Any help would be much appreciated! I live in NYC, so any brands with a retail presence here would be a huge plus so I can check them out in person.

Al Brooks

Reaction score
Yoox has some Italian nice brands at discount, I think they have BC as well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.