1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to design custom tie/pocket square storage in a walk-in?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by josepidal, Apr 13, 2013.

1. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

I have a friend who is designing his own walk in closet as part of a renovation. He wants to put in a number of shallow shelves for small accessories, particularly ties, pocket squares, cuff links and belts. How should he design these?

For ties, for example, is it better to have shallow (4 inch) wide drawers and just put folded ties there like you see in store displays? Or should you have small, shallow cubbyholes (3.5 x 3.5 inches) to put rolled ties in?

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Personally, I like ties hung up. This may or may not be the best way to care for them, but it certainly makes life simple when choosing which to wear. Lacking the room for a walk in wardrobe, I make do with those hangers where you can hang 30 ties at a time on each. It's easy to see what you have and which you want to wear. I don't like drawers, because you can't see all of them in one go, and they have a tendency to get a little tangled unless you're careful. Having said that, IIRC vox used those shallow drawers in his wardrobe so if you want to see an example, there's probably a photo floating around in someone's cache, somewhere. Rolled ties in cubbyholes seems very space-inefficient to me, as well as a bit precious, even for me.

PS. long time no see in this forum; hope life is treating you well.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. E TF

E TF Senior member

[​IMG]
    From Vox's tumblr

1 person likes this.