• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to deal with someone make fun of your cloth?

iMohammad

Reaction score
Since this is a style forum where everyone here care and love to look good, and where it all started for me to care about my self, I think my topic is in the right place.

How to deal with friends who teases you and make fun of your cloth?
Carefully, I started out tp choose what to dress and what not to, and how to keep with good fashion taste(Not too fancy) 1 year ago. And stopped wearing typical college guy cloth(T-Shirt and jeans) style. Everyone noticed how good and mature I started to look with cloths I wear. Except a friend(T-shirt and Jeans) I met yesterday made me so angry that I couldn't reply well. (I'm a very tempered person). Although, I was only wearing a casual khaki slim pants with tucked sport shirt.

The reason I'm posting this is because I'm sure I'll be meeting more and more sarcastic people like him in my life.(Will graduate soon) and many here I'm sure, faced the same at least once in their life, and I would love to learn from the experts here :)

Note: I don't have problem with T-shirts and jeans. In fact I wear them too! but not as much I used to.

Last edited:

iMohammad

Reaction score
By the way, I know why he made sarcasm of me. I live in a part of this world where style and look and being gentle does not exist.(to be fair, barely exists). But I'm here to ask how to deal with it. In other word, what it you were me, what would you do?

iMohammad

Reaction score

just ignore...in the end...who gets the compliments?

I think sometimes ignoring is just hard. Specially if he make fun of you in front of many friends. I never faced such thing in my life before. So, I simply don't know the right way to act.

Last edited:

Ernesto118

Reaction score
In my opinion, these guys are idiots who want to keep everyone at their lifestyle level. They are the same ones who tease or criticize you when you ace an exam, or get the manager promotion, or date the hot chick, or get the pay raise. You’ll always run into these lowlifes throughout your career, as have many of us. What I usually say is “yes. This is how I choose dress. Just like you’re free to dress however you choose”. As you move up in your career, you’ll realize that you will outgrow some of your old friends. And beware of those so-called friends who have no interest in bettering themselves either socially or economically, and will criticize you in order to keep you at their level. You need to let these acquaintances go and make new ones which are in line with your goals.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sex his girlfriend, or mom, or both.

FrederickC

Reaction score
Don't mind them. Just be yourself, because that's one secret to look and feel good.

Last edited:

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everyone noticed how good and mature I started to look with cloths I wear. Except a friend(T-shirt and Jeans) I met yesterday made me so angry that I couldn't reply well. (I'm a very tempered person). Although, I was only wearing a casual khaki slim pants with tucked sport shirt.
The reason I'm posting this is because I'm sure I'll be meeting more and more sarcastic people like him in my life.(Will graduate soon) and many here I'm sure, faced the same at least once in their life, and I would love to learn from the experts here :)

Keep this in mind: you chose to be angered. No one made you; only you can control how you feel. Choosing to be angered because someone teases you isn't really a mature reaction, no matter what "mature" clothes you wear. Obviously your acquaintance felt threatened by your new look. That's his problem for him to sort out. If you feel an insult is necessary the best one is to ignore the person. He's looking for reaction, and he doesn't merit one.

Keep calm and carry on.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do the following, n the exact order

1. plain face
2. look of pity
3. you plebeian (you say this)

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on a serious note, just smile and don't worry about it. Typical guys make fun of me because of how I dress but then their gf/wives ask me for advice and complement me all the time. It doesn't bother me, I am happy with it and that is all that matters.

heartlessphil

Reaction score

on a serious note, just smile and don't worry about it. Typical guys make fun of me because of how I dress but then their gf/wives ask me for advice and complement me all the time. It doesn't bother me, I am happy with it and that is all that matters.

A bit off topic but it reminds me of when I go shopping and I see a girl shopping with her boyfriend for clothes for him...and she decides everything. The guy barely decides the colors lol. I always find that quite pathetic to be honest!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads