How to deal with B&S Seller

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gyasih, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

There are a couple of folks who either work for JL (and take pics on the job) or just blatantly 'rip off' their stock images.
    Leaves a really disgusting 'taste' in my mouth - when products are obviously and intentionally misrepresented.
    Here's hoping they receive a 'Fuck Off' Slap from the 'hairy hand of Kharma' and you get justice...
    It's understandable why the 'Best' Sellers have left the B&S Building...

2. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Just be wary, he has other Lobbs on here!

3. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

OP, you are in the right, IMO

However, has the seller - easy to figure out who- said they will not pay for return shipping?

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^Pretty much, just send the shoes back and we'll process the refund.

Rest of the conversation-no contact after my last PM

seller
    Today at 8:05 pm
    So do you have the return adress on the package or you need it ?

gyasih
    Today at 8:07 pm
    I need it and my money, plus shipping. Shoes are cool, but not what you advertised.

Please return both today and shoes will ship in the morning.

seller
    Today at 8:11 pm
    No way, you can't keep both the shoes, the trees and on top of that get your money back. You stated that you don't like the items and even opened a paypal case. So return it and we will get you a refund. The shoes trees alone are worth almost half what you paid. So if you want to return the package for a refund just advise us on your decision and confirm us that you have the right return adress.
    regards

gyasih
    Today at 8:14 pm
    I don't care what the price of the trees are, you did a bait and switch and now I have to pay return shipping. I am returning everything to you. I don't want anything, but my money back, including the cost to ship to you.

seller
    Today at 8:15 pm
    DO YOU HAVE THE RETURN ADRESS ?

gyasih
    Today at 8:20 pm
    No, I don't for the second time.

seller
    Today at 8:24 pm
    Read your messages back, you never mentionned that you don't have the return adress. Here is the adress:
    deleted

gyasih
    Today at 8:28 pm
    You: So do you have the return adress on the package or you need it ?

Me: I need it and my money, plus shipping. Shoes are cool, but not what you advertised. Please return both today and shoes will ship in the morning.

Please refund my money and shipping costs. I should not have to wait because you lied about a product and then removed the pictures-all may you disreputable!!!!

Seller
    Today at 8:33 pm
    We sent you brand new John lobb Darby II in the box with trees, you don't like them and want a return ASAP, so send the shoes and trees to the return adress and we will process your refund, you already opened a case on paypal so what more can we do to resolve this matter ?

gyasih
    Today at 8:38 pm
    Pay for the shipping, why should I be out of $30 to send you a shoe that you lied about. What happened to the shoe that I ordered?

Seller
    Today at 8:44 pm
    The faster you send the items, the faster we will receive it and be able to process your refund.

Thanks.

gyasih
    Today at 8:45 pm
    And pay for the additional shipping?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I love threads like these. Wonder if the seller will chime in?!

6. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

very frustrating exchange of PM's to read through

7. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

I know a lot of people will back you on this, but this seems to illustrate how unreasonable you are.

The seller immediately offered a refund with no questions asked.

"Seller
    Today at 7:48 pm
    These shoes were a shoe display and they have never been worn if you don't like them and want to return it just let me know I will give you the return adress (for the whole package). Just let me know .
    Thanks."

It seems to me that rather than working with him - ii.e "It was your mistake, I do not want to pay return shipping" - you chose to accuse him of fraud and open a claim.

8. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

1. If you advertise one thing and sell something else, what is that called? That is called fraud, bait and switch, etc. There is no indication there was a mistake of any kind.
    2. Why should I loose because they intentionally sent the wrong thing? I, once again, cannot think otherwise based on the response. They (seller) loses nothing. I, the buyer, have to pay shipping. Why is it unreasonable to ask them to foot the bill?

He removed the pictures immediately after I called him on that, isn't that fishy?

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

10. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I believe you are correct.
    I thought removing photos from ads was against the rules, is it not?

11. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Aren't you friends with Nore?

Rule one, never buy shoes with out seeing pictures of the sole.

But yes, you should not have to pay shipping. B&S.

12. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

1) You should save the pictures when you buy something.

2) If the pictures/txt don't show something don't assume and hope for the best. It sounds like the pics didn't show the sole? The smart thing would have been to ask.

3) Ask questions of sellers before you give them money. How they respond to your questions can often tell you if they're trying to pull something.

None of this helps you now but if you start out naive you'll have only yourself to blame. Caveat emptor.

13. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Always check the pinned Buyer and Seller Feedback thread before making a purchase on B&S.

14. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

According to the OP, the description already stated "This simple yet incredible classic wingtip derby by John Lobb is crafted from finest calf leather. On a Goodyear welted leather sole with channeled stitching." so I assume he took it at face value. It's something that I imagine a lot of people would also have assumed.

It's clear then that the seller didn't send what was being advertised and the buyer should not be penalised for that.

On another note, is there a Darby II with a Dainite sole or is this another model?

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

I had an issue like this with a smaller clothing company. Got send an additional item by mistake and since I wasn't too happy with what I bought (final sale), I said I could just return all in the same box. Seller did not want to pay for shipping back the additional item I received and it was a long chain of back and forth until I just stopped replied. Seller contacted me a few days later and eventually we worked it out. It's always a risk when buying / selling items online when you / other party are not a store.

On a side note and not to hijack this thread but as a seller who shipped an item to Australia about a month ago and it has not shown up, what is the way to approach this fairly? Half refund to the buyer? Item was $70 shipped so not a pair of lobbs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.