1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with B&S Seller

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gyasih, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I am not the most tactful, I guess it's the Bronx in me.

I purchased a pair of shoes from a seller than sent me the wrong shoes. Not even close to what I paid for, what should I do? Other than ask for my money back, should they be responsible for return shipping?

Yes, I pm'd him/them, awaiting a response-the reason for not posting their name.

2. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

Either full refund + return shipping or exchange + return shipping refunded.

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

And now he removed the pictures, shaddddyyyyyyy. PayPal, here we go. Description: BRAND NEW JOHN LOBB DARBY II Size UK 10E/ US11D.

The 'DARBY II' is a current collection shoe and retails for $1,305 + taxes on the John Lobb e-store! This simple yet incredible classic wingtip derby by John Lobb is crafted from finest calf leather. On a Goodyear welted leather sole with channeled stitching Received: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

5. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^ :D, the PM exchange is hilarious

6. theyare

theyare Senior member

So sounds like the differences vs what you thought you purchased are the sole and the marked R (along with any potential defects)?

If there was no pic of the sole in the original listing, I think this is a fair reason for return + shipping. Though if an honest mistake and good communication with the established seller, some compromise might be reached.

7. iroh

iroh Senior member

you need to post this scumbag's SF name, his real name and address immediately.

if you got any other personal information from him before you randomly sent money to a stranger then posting as much info about him as you can here will help.

8. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

The pictures were removed, the shoe did not have a "R" in the at all. The angles showed the shoe very clearly, particularly the one that should have had the "R." All that wasn't shown was the sole, but the shoe sent was not the shoe in the listing. The pictures were removed after I called him out on it . I linked the listing in a PM and shortly after, the pics were removed.

There was no, "my bad" just a response that the shoes are brand new and were a store display.

Not going to post personal information, not that kind of guy, but will post screen name and just warn buyers to be wary.

9. marblehouse

+1.

Can you clarify what the mistake is - how the shoe "wasn't the shoe in the listing"? Was it a different model?

Also, do not post names/addresses. Never listen to iroh unless it regards socks.

10. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

11. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

12. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^ I did that, I never PP large amounts. I just don't feel like eating the cost of return shipping, although I realize I may have to do so. And, I am curious to see what happened to the shoes I ordered. I am awaiting the response on that one. The shoes are cool, just now what I want or need.

13. marblehouse

It appears as if the seller failed to mention:

1. The dainite-style sole
    2. The "R" mark

Is there something else I am missing - because it is the Darby II model by JL. I understand if he didn't mention they were subs and you want to re-negotiate or return, but I'm confused by this "seller sent the wrong shoe" line of discussion.

14. Ivon

Ivon Senior member

These aren't cheap shoes, from the desciption in the copied listing, I'd guess the sale price would have been around $700 for new.

If the shoes had a R, I would be led to believe they were seconds, that is material to me as a sale condition, such omission on something like that borders on fraud because the assumption to me is retail quality first.

It was advertised as leather soled with channel stitching, the shoes appear to have a Dainite sole. If I wanted a Danite sole, I'd buy a shoe with it. Lucky for me, the sellers feet are bigger than mine. What we have here appears to be a classic bait and switch. No other way to describe as I would assume guys who sell shoes in that class would know the product.

15. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

What you fail to understand, is that these were not the shoes listed. There wasn't a communication problem. The corresponding shoe that has the "R" in it was shown in the listing (pictures now removed :embar:) did not have that symbol. I would have noticed it.

As for the title, isn't that what he did?

1st part of our conversation via PM. Pretty much going to have to eat shipping back to the fucker.

Me: YOU DID NOT SEND ME THE SHOES IN YOUR LISTING!!

Seller:
    Today at 7:32 pm
    what you mean ?

gyasih
    Today at 7:43 pm
    Look at your listing for the Lobb listed below

http://www.styleforum.net/t/278513/sold-brand-new-john-lobb-darby-ii-shoes/0_50

Pictures removed from listing at 7:43

gyasih
    Today at 7:44 pm
    Not the same shoe, now pictures are gone??

Your description:

BRAND NEW JOHN LOBB DARBY II
    Size UK 10E/ US11D.

The 'DARBY II' is a current collection shoe and retails for $1,305 + taxes on the John Lobb e-store!

This simple yet incredible classic wingtip derby by John Lobb is crafted from finest calf leather. On a Goodyear welted leather sole with channeled stitching.

Seller
    Today at 7:48 pm
    These shoes were a shoe display and they have never been worn if you don't like them and want to return it just let me know I will give you the return adress (for the whole package). Just let me know .
    Thanks.

gyasih
    Today at 8:03 pm
    Yes, they are coming back, and you need to pay for shipping. There is no way I am taking a loss because you are shady!!

16. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

There are a couple of folks who either work for JL (and take pics on the job) or just blatantly 'rip off' their stock images.
    Leaves a really disgusting 'taste' in my mouth - when products are obviously and intentionally misrepresented.
    Here's hoping they receive a 'Fuck Off' Slap from the 'hairy hand of Kharma' and you get justice...
    It's understandable why the 'Best' Sellers have left the B&S Building...

17. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Just be wary, he has other Lobbs on here!

18. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

OP, you are in the right, IMO

However, has the seller - easy to figure out who- said they will not pay for return shipping?

19. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^Pretty much, just send the shoes back and we'll process the refund.

Rest of the conversation-no contact after my last PM

seller
    Today at 8:05 pm
    So do you have the return adress on the package or you need it ?

gyasih
    Today at 8:07 pm
    I need it and my money, plus shipping. Shoes are cool, but not what you advertised.

Please return both today and shoes will ship in the morning.

seller
    Today at 8:11 pm
    No way, you can't keep both the shoes, the trees and on top of that get your money back. You stated that you don't like the items and even opened a paypal case. So return it and we will get you a refund. The shoes trees alone are worth almost half what you paid. So if you want to return the package for a refund just advise us on your decision and confirm us that you have the right return adress.
    regards

gyasih
    Today at 8:14 pm
    I don't care what the price of the trees are, you did a bait and switch and now I have to pay return shipping. I am returning everything to you. I don't want anything, but my money back, including the cost to ship to you.

seller
    Today at 8:15 pm
    DO YOU HAVE THE RETURN ADRESS ?

gyasih
    Today at 8:20 pm
    No, I don't for the second time.

seller
    Today at 8:24 pm
    Read your messages back, you never mentionned that you don't have the return adress. Here is the adress:
    deleted

gyasih
    Today at 8:28 pm
    You: So do you have the return adress on the package or you need it ?

Me: I need it and my money, plus shipping. Shoes are cool, but not what you advertised. Please return both today and shoes will ship in the morning.

Please refund my money and shipping costs. I should not have to wait because you lied about a product and then removed the pictures-all may you disreputable!!!!

Seller
    Today at 8:33 pm
    We sent you brand new John lobb Darby II in the box with trees, you don't like them and want a return ASAP, so send the shoes and trees to the return adress and we will process your refund, you already opened a case on paypal so what more can we do to resolve this matter ?

gyasih
    Today at 8:38 pm
    Pay for the shipping, why should I be out of $30 to send you a shoe that you lied about. What happened to the shoe that I ordered?

Seller
    Today at 8:44 pm
    The faster you send the items, the faster we will receive it and be able to process your refund.

Thanks.

gyasih
    Today at 8:45 pm
    And pay for the additional shipping?

20. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I love threads like these. Wonder if the seller will chime in?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.