1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SUIT AND SHOES FOR WEDDING PARTY

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mr.invincible, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

The normal default choice for any grey or blue suit is black. Barring that, if you're feeling casual, very dark brown or ox-blood. Everyone can find exceptions but I'm talking about the safest option.

Some will like the look you've chosen-- it's not really classic but only you can decide if you or your fellow partiers will care.

2. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior member

i guess i should ask what other people are wearing to get a better bearing on it.

but yes, i prefer to go for a safe option. I think my roommate said he has some shoe polish that will make the shoe a bit darker, but not to the degree of dark brown.

i think if i can't find a dark brown shoe that looks good or cheaper than what I paid for the cole haan i will go with the shoe polish option.

right now im still looking for a suit example that has my suit and shoe color to see what kind of shirts and ties i can combo with.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  3. mr.invincible

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i should have taken this picture earlier.

what do you guys think?

too much for a wedding? it seems like the event to me its like semi casual semi formal? whatever it is, i just want to play it safe. that is probably the best thing im looking for right now.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  4. mr.invincible

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

+1 - and rubbish clothes

6. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Those shoes, I wouldnt wear then with that suit. Certainly not to a wedding. But do what you want, you're the one that will be in it all night.

7. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

The pulling in the vests is so bad I thought they had lapels.

8. mr.invincible

go with a darker shoe right?

and my suit looks black in that bit but its a dark, navy

also stop commenting on that pic already hahaha i know it's bad.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  9. mhdena

mhdena Senior member

Then wear black shoes