1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to catch a housefly and other winged insects

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kent Wang, Oct 30, 2009.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Once, I raised my hand on the subway to grab the overhead bar, and neatly pinched a fly between two of my fingers, disabling it (it kept twitching, though, until I put it out of its misery with the toe of my sneaker)... it was hard to tell who was more surprised, me or the fly.

i had something like this happen a couple of times in my life too. i just raise my hand up for something and my two fingers close for some reason i did, and coincidentally a fly gets caught between my fingers! was very coincidental was like a one in a billion chance of such thing happening.

on another unrelated note, it happened again long ago when i had an action figure collection, and they were all on my window sill, and one of them fell down to my bed below 3 feet, and it landed square on its feet! on the mattress! and it wasnt like a plank under its feet like a toy plastic army soldier would have but just one of those action figures like gi joe or star wars or something. i called my brother in to have him look at what fantastical thing just happened but he never believed me, he always thinks i just placed it there.

2. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

One thing I noticed is that the flies in North America are slow and clumsy vs the ones you find in Asia.

Must be the food they are snacking on.

3. staceyWANG

staceyWANG New Member

so, Asian food can offer more energy?

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    so, Asian food can offer more energy?

Nice first post!

There's great potential here.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i know the houseflies that snack on outdoor-stored doenjang, gochuchang, and kimchi are very intelligent and are the hardest insects to catch.

6. unrated

unrated Senior member

How about craneflies? I hate those things.

7. Farzin Mohammed

Farzin Mohammed New Member

first switch of light then put a zero bulb then catch with a plastic bag