• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to carry my wallet, cell phone, keys etc.?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
What about a camera case for carrying the essentials? I haven't tried this but am thinking about it for this summer.

During the summer months when dressed casually and any type of jacket is too hot, I have keys, phone, wallet, etc. that I need to carry. I don't like anything in my pockets and I don't feel comfortable with a man-bag/purse.

Recently I was in Best Buy and noticed cheap, light weight camera cases and it occurred to me that this might be an option to consider. Other than looking like a tourist, they would be easy to pack for travel and light weight. I'd be curious as to what others think about this.

Well, first off, a camera case screams "HEY THIEF! EXPENSIVE SMALL ITEM INSIDE! STEAL ME!"

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Good God that is a lot of stuff in your pockets. So you sit on your keys, zippo, multitool, flashlight and spare mag? How does that feel! You have some nice gear though
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
(E2, P3AT) I'd use an ankle wallet/band if I were you because I hate sitting on stuff.

Yeah I sit on them but it's really not that bad. The multitool is a mini-Bucktool so it's barely 2" long. The P3AT mag is rather small as well, as it only holds six rounds of .380 ACP (I use Gold Dots).

I have not used ankle carry for my sidearms but I can't imagine the draw would be very fast. I have used pocket carry since I started carrying in 1995 or so. While it certainly creates an unsightly bulge in the front pocket, it is accessible no matter what you are wearing, because you don't need a cover garment.

I'd certainly like to carry a larger weapon but the P3AT is the one I use the most. In past years I have carried a S&W M38, M342 and a Kahr PM9.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Well, first off, a camera case screams "HEY THIEF! EXPENSIVE SMALL ITEM INSIDE! STEAL ME!"
Good point.

islim

Reaction score
Man purses make great gifts actually. Its a great way to give the hint of that romantic weekend away that you so desperately want and need. cell wallet

Georgia

Reaction score
Front Left: Keys, Knife, loose change
Front Right: Wallet

I don't carry anything in my back pockets. My cell phone is stored in either my inside front left jacket pocket or in my front right pants pocket when I'm jacket-less.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gerdemb
Everyday I carry a cell phone, a key ring with my car keys (including a wireless fob) and apartment keys, a bi-fold wallet with a very minimal number of cards and a small coin purse for change. I'm fairly minimalist and conscious of carrying only things that I really need everyday, but I still feel like I'm jamming my pockets full of stuff that's hard to fish out and creating lumpy uncomfortable bulges in my pants. I keep my wallet in my front pocket because I take public transportation that sometimes has pickpockets and because I don't feel comfortable sitting on my wallet. Any inspiration about how I can lighten or re-arrange my load. I can see why people succumb to belt clips for cell phones even though I think they look awful...

Lose the "coin purse"...I actually thought you were kidding. Also, if you take public tranportation, leave the car keys at home.

justlurkingthanks

Reaction score
I had back trouble related to sitting on my wallet in my back pocket. When you wear your wallet back there, it happens to compact your sciatic nerve on the way to your leg. Also it tilts your spine to one side. It contributed to a back problem that led to surgery. I don't put anything in my back pockets anymore.

Left front: Keys, change (but I rarely have change)
Right front: Knife
Shirt pocket: Cell phone
Jacket pockets: Wallet, sunglasses, flashlight

I always wear a jacket, including in the summer.

Gobe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
I don't IRL but the phrase to me is funny...I prefer Man BAG

The official term for man purse/bag is "MURSE" for 2010
smile.gif

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right front: keys
left front: phone

Jacket chest: wallet

I prefer to put them in a briefcase/bag though.

MocoLoo

Reaction score
It meant you were growing up when one of the old timers grabbed your arm and said start dressing like a man, your wallet goes in your left rear pocket, your handkerchief goes in your right rear pocket, car keys in left front and change that you jingled in your right front. Cell phones did not exist. Bills went in your wallet, except if you were a bar owner then you carried a roll with a rubber band. If you got a check that said do not fold you folded it.
NOW I have credit cards and two sets of keys and cell phones and cash. I tried using a money clip and can't do it. Every thing gets messed up. I don't understand my kids , where do they keep their drivers license (on the dresser) no wallets at all. I spent about two hours changing wallets tonight then came on here for help. I think less is best. Maybe a debit card and a drivers license? whew Its tough to get old.http://www.styleforum.net/images/smi...hoo%5B1%5D.gif

tmcevoy213

Reaction score
There are some BAMFs in this thread; getting in a lot of knife fights guys???

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tmcevoy213
There are some BAMFs in this thread; getting in a lot of knife fights guys???

Or they are freeing people from a burning vehicle or cutting a loose thread on their jacket.

vves

Reaction score
Carry them in the pockets of your jacket or simply in your hands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads