• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to care for raw denim

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA, the right method is to fold it, ziplock the denim then try to vaccuum the thing to get as much air out as possible, then toss them in the freezer for like a day or so, then take it out to leave it warm back to room temp (dont microwave them plz). This should work, tho I have no tried it myself.

Originally Posted by macuser3of5
anyone who puts their nut sweated and assjuiced jeans in their goddamn fridge needs to get their head checked.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JChance
HAHAHA, the right method is to fold it, ziplock the denim then try to vaccuum the thing to get as much air out as possible, then toss them in the freezer for like a day or so, then take it out to leave it warm back to room temp (dont microwave them plz). This should work, tho I have no tried it myself.

LOL, you could use one of those FoodSaver things to get the air out if you want a vacuum in there.

transient

Reaction score
I'm in the process of arranging to go up into space as a space tourist. Do you guys think if I clothespin my jeans outside the space station that it'll get rid of the stink?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
I'm in the process of arranging to go up into space as a space tourist. Do you guys think if I clothespin my jeans outside the space station that it'll get rid of the stink?
you could get some sweet gamma ray fades brah
Originally Posted by JChance
alternative: wash your jeans when they smell like ****

sfkm

Reaction score
just don't put em in the dryer. had a pair of apcs end up going through the dryer and it created a few vertical creases+fading.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wash my RRL's after every wear and then put them in the dryer. Keeps them tight and avoids stretching.

ErikW

Reaction score
Any recommendations on stains? I spilled some taco juice on my pants last night after a couple of dranks and I'm not certain on how I can get it out without removing all the indigo in that small spot below my crotch. I have some new Momotaro 0701s that are unwashed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads