1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to care for raw denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zacharydschroeder, May 3, 2007.

1. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Senior member

Quick question: Is "unwashed" denim the same thing as "raw" denim??

Second quick question: The tag on mine says avoid contact with light colour clothing but I always like to tuck in my polos. Will the dye on the inside waistband of these unwashed jeans rub their colour off on my white polo shirt?

2. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Quick question: Is "unwashed" denim the same thing as "raw" denim??

Second quick question: The tag on mine says avoid contact with light colour clothing but I always like to tuck in my polos. Will the dye on the inside waistband of these unwashed jeans rub their colour off on my white polo shirt?

Answer to your second question - Yes. It's not going to happen in just 1 or 2 wears (unless it's raining and your jean got wet). But some of the blue dye did transfer onto the white undershirts and white sneakers that I frequently wear with my jeans.

3. okay.w0w

okay.w0w Senior member

gentle cycle and hang dry for me

4. JChance

JChance Senior member

I've heard of freezing them to kill the bacteria (you can try googling "freezing denim"). Wear the denim for eight months before the first wash to get that fading effect (the filthier the jeans is, the more it fades during washing) [​IMG]

5. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

anyone who puts their nut sweated and assjuiced jeans in their goddamn fridge needs to get their head checked.

1 person likes this.
  6. JChance

JChance Senior member

HAHAHA, the right method is to fold it, ziplock the denim then try to vaccuum the thing to get as much air out as possible, then toss them in the freezer for like a day or so, then take it out to leave it warm back to room temp (dont microwave them plz). This should work, tho I have no tried it myself.

anyone who puts their nut sweated and assjuiced jeans in their goddamn fridge needs to get their head checked.

7. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

HAHAHA, the right method is to fold it, ziplock the denim then try to vaccuum the thing to get as much air out as possible, then toss them in the freezer for like a day or so, then take it out to leave it warm back to room temp (dont microwave them plz). This should work, tho I have no tried it myself.

LOL, you could use one of those FoodSaver things to get the air out if you want a vacuum in there.

8. transient

transient Senior member

I'm in the process of arranging to go up into space as a space tourist. Do you guys think if I clothespin my jeans outside the space station that it'll get rid of the stink?

9. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I'm in the process of arranging to go up into space as a space tourist. Do you guys think if I clothespin my jeans outside the space station that it'll get rid of the stink?
    you could get some sweet gamma ray fades brah
    alternative: wash your jeans when they smell like shit

10. sfkm

sfkm Member

just don't put em in the dryer. had a pair of apcs end up going through the dryer and it created a few vertical creases+fading.

11. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

I wash my RRL's after every wear and then put them in the dryer. Keeps them tight and avoids stretching.

12. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Any recommendations on stains? I spilled some taco juice on my pants last night after a couple of dranks and I'm not certain on how I can get it out without removing all the indigo in that small spot below my crotch. I have some new Momotaro 0701s that are unwashed.