• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to buy prescription sunglasses on sale?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted in an old thread that prescription sunglasses might run me $200 in Manila. Apparently, I was misinformed, and they'll charge a minimum of $300, and that's just using some kind of similar polarized, polycarbonate lens material but not the manufacturer's originals.

What I did was ask the optometrist I patronized for prescription eyeglasses write me up a prescription, and decide to take my chances in the United States.

I don't know if this is a stupid question but it certainly involves a $200 or more expenditure. How do people shop for prescription sunglasses, the way SF'ers have catalogued, say, the most reliable ways to get Edward Greens at 50% off or more? For example, I've seen a few sites where you can just enter the prescription. But what's the most cost-effective way of doing this? (Also taking into account that I have a foreign prescription.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.