1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How to Buy a Gray Blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gray Blazer, Oct 16, 2012.

1. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

Most people, men or women, can't tell what brand your clothes are unless they have a huge tacky logo on them. More to the point, most people don't care if you're wearing Armani or something from a bargain suit store. What matters is that the clothes fit you well (in both size and styling), that's something people will notice. The most compliments I've had for my clothes have been for a cheap Korean suit (that happens to fit me extremely well) and even cheaper thrift store finds (not high end brands either but unusual fabrics). Nice shoes (leather dress shoes that is) are probably the only things where the expensive ones get noticed more due to their more elegant design and nicer materials.

I really like UNIQLO denim personally and do like many things from H&M as well. Just not the suits or jackets from either, mainly because UNIQLO's are a bit boring and H&M's are way too short and low quality.

But seriously, you're more likely to impress hot girls by being good looking, funny and confident than by wearing the outfit you mentioned. If that's you in the avatar pic, I'd suggest losing the goatee.

2. Singlemalt

Singlemalt Active Member

This.

Sure, dress nice, and it can add a layer of confidence, but what happens when you take it off? (Because that's why we're trying to impress hot chicks, right? ;) ) Confidence = gone? What will these hot chicks think then?

I would say a well-fitting jacket/blazer from H&M on a freshly shaven, funny, confident, yet humble young man will contriturate* the goatee'd, passive, shy guy in an expensive Italian jacket/blazer. Let's not forget the H&M guy will have money left over to buy drinks.

Of course, balance your budget wisely as well.

*destroy, pulverize, etc...

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Vox is back?

4. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

This attitude is so pathetic, I can't even expel the effort to try to help you.

5. Gray Blazer

Gray Blazer Member

I'm pretty sure I can't lose the goatee as I am balding. The hat covers a whole new world. However, I do not wear that hat so much anymore and just shave my head as close as I can get without using a razor. I think the goatee prevents me from looking like an alien or diseased hospital patient. But if you guys seriously think I don't need it, that is a great opinion. Respect, as I have never heard that before.

I understand what you guys say about being charming and confident when it comes to attracting women, but I always like to go that extra step. I prefer my "Wow"s to come in pairs. "WowWow!"

I also understand what you guys say about budget. I just bought a new suit recently that killed me, and it's gonna take 2 months to recover. However, the rest of my wardrobe is complete shit, and I need to do something about it. I feel like a clown walking around wearing the same cheap stuff all the time that I bought on an H&M spree 3 years ago. The book says that I need some quality articles of clothing to combat my clown feelings. I think this will affect my confidence as well.