1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How to break in printed T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Davidko19, Nov 4, 2009.

1. tahonng

tahonng Well-Known Member

Try this article. BTW, I heard on a tv show a long time ago that soaking in a really diluted bleach+water solution would make a new shirt look more worn. But I don't know how much bleach to how much water.

2. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

Try this article.

BTW, I heard on a tv show a long time ago that soaking in a really diluted bleach+water solution would make a new shirt look more worn. But I don't know how much bleach to how much water.

HA!!! Thats its BROSKI - you the man!

EXACTLY the article I remember. Im gonna try this and report my findings.... unless then, we should probably sticky this forever[​IMG]

3. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

HA!!! Thats its BROSKI - you the man!

EXACTLY the article I remember. Im gonna try this and report my findings.... unless then, we should probably sticky this forever[​IMG]

No.

4. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

seriously?

Hahaha. That was my initial though as well.

Sorry to laugh.

5. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

while wet, whip it against a stone surface

6. cthip

cthip Well-Known Member

from the above article:

and:

but they seem to have forgotten that hot water dissolves the salt rendering it completely NON-ABRASIVE

idiots.

7. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

but they seem to have forgotten that hot water dissolves the salt rendering it completely NON-ABRASIVE

idiots.

DA FUK??? You think YOU know science better than the Bros at Mens Health?!?!?!

[​IMG]

Think again.

This will work and when you see my pics your mind will be BLOWN.

(Now I just gotta find washing soda [​IMG] )

8. tahonng

9. tahonng

Was thinking something along those lines as well. If it were me, I'd use coarse sea salt and washing soda apply it directly onto the shirt, roll the shirt up, salted side in, put that in the wash. Hopefully, there'll be some abrading action before the salt and soda dissolve in the water.

Maybe the chlorine in the salt + the water forms a really mild form of hyrdochloric acid...?

Anyway, good luck, OP, and please post pics of the shirt/s. I'm curious about the results.