• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to back up Iphone music to new PC

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to do this? PC crashed a while back, and I need to back up the music on my Iphone to Itunes. Everytime I try to synch it tells me that it's going to erase everything on my Iphone and synch it with the Itunes. I don't like the idea of paying Apple to tell me how to do this. Anyone?

KPO89

Reaction score
I had this problem a while back and I never found a good resolution to it. I've hear sometimes calling Apple works...however a less resistent approach would be downloading some software online. I've had friends that "knew" these things and could do it for me but I've never been quite that tech savvy. I've also heard of programs you can buy instore.

Sorry for all the generic advice but its the best I have.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
How did you resolve it?

Never really did. I have two ipods now. My music tastes evolve so quickly I didn't have to worry about it for long. I ended up getting the stuff I really wanted from friends. So I ended up having to pirate what I already owned.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I type 'get music ' in the google search box one of the automatic completion choices is 'from iphone'. Some of the ways are even mentioned on this site.

I haven't had an iPhone in 5 years, so I forget...

Good luck.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a free program called Sharepod that will let you copy the files from your iphone to your PC. You then have to import the new files to itunes as if they were brand new tracks.

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is the music downloaded from itunes, "somewhere else" or from cd's

if it's downloaded from itunes you can re download it, if it's from a cd etc. you have to download a program on line and transfer the music on to the new pc.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sharepod is a great tool, and totally legitimate. The only thing I've failed to manage so far is synching Apps and Saved files. I lost my progress on Monopoloy after buying a new PC.
frown.gif

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
is the music downloaded from itunes, "somewhere else" or from cd's

if it's downloaded from itunes you can re download it, if it's from a cd etc. you have to download a program on line and transfer the music on to the new pc.

99% of it is from my CDs, and I spent forever and a day downloading it all, hence my interest in preserving it. Will look into Sharepod. Thanks.

Incman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
If I type 'get music ' in the google search box one of the automatic completion choices is 'from iphone'. Some of the ways are even mentioned on this site.

I haven't had an iPhone in 5 years, so I forget...

Good luck.

They came out in early 2007.
confused.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Anyone know how to do this? PC crashed a while back, and I need to back up the music on my Iphone to Itunes. Everytime I try to synch it tells me that it's going to erase everything on my Iphone and synch it with the Itunes. I don't like the idea of paying Apple to tell me how to do this. Anyone?
I had this problem after my PC was rebuilt, and the tech folks failed to backup my iTunes. Unfortunately, iTunes in my rebuilt machine did erase my iPhone, and I didn't have a backup file.
ffffuuuu.gif
I contacted Apple and they allowed me to download everything that was in my old iTunes. They'll provide one free download. It took forever, but I did get everything back. Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads