• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to avoid being a terror target...dress better you slobs!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
-Europeans don't wear shorts or atheltic sneakers unless participating in an athletic event.

Haha. I wish.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baseball caps is another big giveaway - and the fact I can hear you around the corner at the end of the street.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Baseball caps is another big giveaway - and the fact I can hear you around the corner at the end of the street.

And feel you by the trembling of the pavement?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funniest thing I saw was a perfect American dad with his nuclear family proudly marching through Piazza San Marco proclaiming "St. Michael's Square! The living room of the world!"

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
What about the 35% body fat?

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What absolute nonsense. Shorts and trainers are commonplace in the UK. The summer is now over so the former will tend to disappear but the latter shows how far from reality the State Department is.

Americans show themselves by wearing garish colors and broad checked jackets etc NOT trainers/sneakers and shorts. Being obese and far too loud are both good give aways.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing new. They've been saying stuff like this for years. A long with handbooks on being polite.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Haha. I wish.

+1.
frown.gif

robdpittman

Reaction score
As a proud Canadian, I suggest to simply put a Canadian flag on your backpack
wink.gif
So true though...North Americans (Canadians included) often look and act so childish when in Europe. Although I've got to comment on the "broad checked jackets" bit. Have we seen Tom Ford's collection lately? I don't care if he is American, if you're wearing one of his suits I doubt many Europeans would think twice.

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robdpittman
wink.gif

So true though...North Americans (Canadians included) often look and act so childish when in Europe.

Although I've got to comment on the "broad checked jackets" bit. Have we seen Tom Ford's collection lately? I don't care if he is American, if you're wearing one of his suits I doubt many Europeans would think twice.

I believe the "broad checked jackets" refers to mack jackets and other "outdoors" wear that no one wears in Europe.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The American flag lapel pin would also be a dead giveaway...........

I suggest the French flag lapel pin, it connotes love, inability to fight like a man, and beauty. The Taliban should not find that too offensive.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this another thread where we make fun of Americans?

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robdpittman
It was seeing so many examples of this little stratagem when I lived in Europe twenty years ago that I lost a lot respect for Canadians, which has not been regained to this day. I don't know why it bothers me, but it does. Maybe its because separating themselves with a little maple leaf made Canadians feel superior, safe. It struck me as weaselly, cheap, insulting. But I hope the moment is pleasurable because that's about as good as it's gonna get for Canadian pride, vis a vis the U S and A. And fatties, put yer asses on a treadmill and not an airplane seat or spread over with neon plaid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads