• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to access your old Buy & Sell listings and Post in the new Buy & Sell section.

Abovenolaw

Reaction score
I tried to use three devices, my laptop (windows), my android phone and my tablet.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to post a classified. I hit "save" and it gives me these errors:
  • Please complete all required fields.
  • This category does not allow new resources.
I have completed all fields and I have no idea what the 2nd one means.

No one else is having this problem?

----------

Update: I was trying to post this in the "boots" section. I tried a different category and it worked (?!) No idea why....

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to post a classified. I hit "save" and it gives me these errors:
  • Please complete all required fields.
  • This category does not allow new resources.
I have completed all fields and I have no idea what the 2nd one means.

No one else is having this problem?

----------

Update: I was trying to post this in the "boots" section. I tried a different category and it worked (?!) No idea why....

Hi,

Just to note that we've seen this and are working on it.

deadbilly

Reaction score
Similar to abovenolaw upthread. Attempting to post a Streetwear and Denim | Coats and Jackets | Activewear listing and many fields that are available to me for other categories of classifieds are missing- it just has: Title, Tag Line, Description, Tags, Additional Information URL, Alternative Support URL, Upload Resource Icon check box and then onto Save, Upload Images... and Preview... Missing things like the Sell resource checkbox, Sales type, Payment info, Accept other payments means, etc.

So far I've only found it for the Activewear category- the other categories seem okay. Linux, Chromium 57, regular mode and incognito mode (no addons).

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Similar to abovenolaw upthread. Attempting to post a Streetwear and Denim | Coats and Jackets | Activewear listing and many fields that are available to me for other categories of classifieds are missing- it just has: Title, Tag Line, Description, Tags, Additional Information URL, Alternative Support URL, Upload Resource Icon check box and then onto Save, Upload Images... and Preview... Missing things like the Sell resource checkbox, Sales type, Payment info, Accept other payments means, etc.

So far I've only found it for the Activewear category- the other categories seem okay. Linux, Chromium 57, regular mode and incognito mode (no addons).
I'll check on this today. Thanks!

Edit: this is now fixed.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How to add a resource image after you already posted it?
You can go and edit it, and there should be a "add resource image" or "add resource icon" button on the right hand side.

Cheers,

Fok.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will my old SELL pictures be ever recovered? I am missing 80% of my pics. Makes it real hassle to photograph everything again.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will my old SELL pictures be ever recovered? I am missing 80% of my pics. Makes it real hassle to photograph everything again.
Do you mean the pics in your old B&S threads? If so, we are attempting 100% photo recovery, yes. Our dev is working on that today.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can go and edit it, and there should be a "add resource image" or "add resource icon" button on the right hand side.

Cheers,

Fok.
Try logging in as a regular user - I don't see the function - maybe you have it as admin only?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score

When you go here: https://www.styleforum.net/media/users/medwed.134773/

Is everything there? Or is it missing photos/albums?

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you go here: https://www.styleforum.net/media/users/medwed.134773/

Is everything there? Or is it missing photos/albums?
There is almost nothing there. I find some pictures remain in my WATCHED for sale threads, but other pictures have disappeared completely. I can repost some of my for sale classifieds by recycling available pictures, but in 80% cases only text has remained and all pictures are gone.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try logging in as a regular user - I don't see the function - maybe you have it as admin only?
Here are instructions from another regular member: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...the-new-b-s-system.541288/page-3#post-8843652 and another user seems to have found this helpful as well. If you are still having issues, though, please tell us.

The analogous thread in the Classic Menswear section has a lot of good tips as well.

I'll let admin (Nathan) speak to the pictures in the FS threads. As I understand it, they are working on that now.

Cheers,

Fok.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are instructions from another regular member: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...the-new-b-s-system.541288/page-3#post-8843652 and another user seems to have found this helpful as well. If you are still having issues, though, please tell us.

The analogous thread in the Classic Menswear section has a lot of good tips as well.

I'll let admin (Nathan) speak to the pictures in the FS threads. As I understand it, they are working on that now.

Cheers,

Fok.
Oh - if you hit 'edit' at the bottom of your post - this option is not there, you need to go into your post in regular viewing mode, then there is a link on the right.

Abovenolaw

Reaction score
I still cannot find a way to close my SOLD classifieds and bump old ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads