• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to access your old B&S thread - and posting into the new B&S system

AMD500

Reaction score
Don't worry, it's fine. The terms and conditions won't show in the classifieds until a viewer clicks on the buy it now button.

okay cool, thanks for the reply. But as a follow up question, what if I'm a buyer and want to see the terms before committing to purchase?

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
okay cool, thanks for the reply. But as a follow up question, what if I'm a buyer and want to see the terms before committing to purchase?

Your term and condition appears once I clicked the buy button on one of your listings. I need to accept it before I'm taken to paypal.
Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 08.53.55.png

MDeKelver

Reaction score
Hi, I had an item sold, no communication, no feedback and no member. My listing turned up on Grailed.com. ( auto edit warning: I typed grailed dot com and not e bay)

PayPal received, item shipped. Is this a new feature of the site? Or is it a robot?

Just curious, others may wish to know. Lots of Styleforum listings on that site.

Michael

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, I had an item sold, no communication, no feedback and no member. My listing turned up on ebay.com.

PayPal received, item shipped. Is this a new feature of the site? Or is it a robot?

Just curious, others may wish to know. Lots of Styleforum listings on that site.

Michael

That's not a feature of the site. Could you please send me a link to your item and the eBay item? Fok and I will investigate.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it turns out about half of my items have been "purchased" by members and never paid for, meaning that for a quite long periods of time they have been listed as unavailable to buy, despite being bumped by me thinking they weren't getting interest...

Obviously I can't see very clearly that this has happened because as the seller obviously I only see the seller dashboard.

Not very ideal; I didn't even get a notice saying they had been purchased. This means I didn't even get a chance to PM the offending buyer.

Are there no repercussions for this as a buyer? It seems crazy to me that I could just go out and buy a hundred items on the forum, not pay, and still be a member (which all offending buyers still appear to be). I thought at least that the buy it now option only went through once the PayPal payment had been finalised.

I thought it odd that my sales on here had dropped by roughly 95% since the changeover, but I don't think this is the only reason why.

Also, do I now have to re-list all of these items? That is a real pain as it is with the current image uploading system...

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
So it turns out about half of my items have been "purchased" by members and never paid for, meaning that for a quite long periods of time they have been listed as unavailable to buy, despite being bumped by me thinking they weren't getting interest...

Obviously I can't see very clearly that this has happened because as the seller obviously I only see the seller dashboard.

Not very ideal; I didn't even get a notice saying they had been purchased. This means I didn't even get a chance to PM the offending buyer.

Are there no repercussions for this as a buyer? It seems crazy to me that I could just go out and buy a hundred items on the forum, not pay, and still be a member (which all offending buyers still appear to be). I thought at least that the buy it now option only went through once the PayPal payment had been finalised.

I thought it odd that my sales on here had dropped by roughly 95% since the changeover, but I don't think this is the only reason why.

Also, do I now have to re-list all of these items? That is a real pain as it is with the current image uploading system...

I apologize for the issues you're having. please send me a PM with links to a few of the items in question here and we'll get to the bottom of it. The system isn't perfect but any stretch, but we should be able to fix this.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi @admin, we've lost the ability to edit/add listing icons for a few days. Can you please check? Thanks

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Odd. We haven't changed anything in the setup. Looking into it.

1. when creating a listing, checking the listing icon option doesn't bring up the icon image window.
2. on listing page, top right corner (edit listing, edit listing icon, update listing, remove listing) disappeared.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi @admin, any update on when this bug can be fixed?

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi @admin, please have the developer also look at another bug: when creating a new listings under B&S "hats and caps" category, the payment and price detail area is hidden.

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 15.02.57.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads