• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to access your old B&S thread - and posting into the new B&S system

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've received a fair number of questions about this today. In order to access your old listings, which have been archived, you can go here: http://www.styleforum.net/forums/#archives.20807

The new Buy&Sell System
After that, you can go to the new B&S system, here: http://www.styleforum.net/resources/

Creating a new listing in Buy&Sell
To create a new listing, please use the "Add new Classified" at the right hand side of the page. The system will then guide you through creation of a new listing. There is NO additional fee for using Paypal. We are simply providing you with an easier way to interact with buyers.

Setting a cover image for your Buy&Sell listing:
The new B&S system is intuitive, except that in their wisdom, the developers, in their last iteration, somehow decided that users should not put in a "cover image" in the course of the creation of the listing, but have to find out how to do it after the fact. We are talking to the devs ASAP about fixing this, but in the meantime, please follow all of the steps for "creating a new classified", but afterwards, in the right hand side, scroll down to find "Add resource image". Click on that, and you can add a cover image.

Hope that helps until we get this sorted out a bit more.

Cheers

Fok.

hst

Reaction score
Is there a iPad/iPhone view like in the old website? How do I configure to that? Thanks.

AMD500

Reaction score
Is it sill possible to list items for sale in the signature?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong?

error.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it sill possible to list items for sale in the signature?
Not yet, at least not directly. I hope to be able to do that in the future. For now, please feel free to put your link to your "b&s store" in your signature.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a iPad/iPhone view like in the old website? How do I configure to that? Thanks.

The site is fully responsive, rather than having a separate mobile site. In the future we may have a mobile native app, but that is apparently about 90% done.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is a glitch in the system that I just found out about. The tag field is a actually mandatory, though it is shown as optional. If you fill out all the fields, you should get things to work. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working with the developers on troubleshooting right now.

Brianpore

Reaction score
There is a glitch in the system that I just found out about. The tag field is a actually mandatory, though it is shown as optional. If you fill out all the fields, you should get things to work. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working with the developers on troubleshooting right now.

Im still have zero luck posting to B&S. Tried filling out all area, with and without photos, I feel like Im missing something simple but just keep getting the error

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im still have zero luck posting to B&S. Tried filling out all area, with and without photos, I feel like Im missing something simple but just keep getting the error
wierd. Maybe we'll have to do a screenshare. I would want my sys admin to handle this though, since he knows a lot more about this type of thing than do I.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok so our old listings we need to relist them? I just did so for one of my listings, but I wanted to make sure before I do it for my other listings.

Yes, that's right, they need to be relisted. Once we get the cover picture thing sorted out, I think that you'll find this system to be much better - including the option to get paid directly via Paypal, and cutting down on a lot of redundant information transfer between sellers and buyers.

We are working on other features, like "bumps", but there are already some fun features, like the ability to feature and highlight different listings, for different events, times of the year, a company's birthday, etc...

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's right, they need to be relisted. Once we get the cover picture thing sorted out, I think that you'll find this system to be much better - including the option to get paid directly via Paypal, and cutting down on a lot of redundant information transfer between sellers and buyers.

We are working on other features, like "bumps", but there are already some fun features, like the ability to feature and highlight different listings, for different events, times of the year, a company's birthday, etc...

Its just going to take time for everyone to get adjusted. Its like when the forum went to the past system (4 days ago). I just wanted to make sure I wasnt breaking any rules. I did repost, and so I saw the whole paypal info system which is pretty cool.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its just going to take time for everyone to get adjusted. Its like when the forum went to the past system (4 days ago). I just wanted to make sure I wasnt breaking any rules. I did repost, and so I saw the whole paypal info system which is pretty cool.
Incidentally, that was on out 10th year anniversary, if you remember. It's sorta appropriate that this is happening on our 15th anniversary. After all the furor dies down, I'd like to hold a 15th anniversary party, probably in the fall. Just trying to decide whether to have it in NYC or on SF this time.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, that was on out 10th year anniversary, if you remember. It's sorta appropriate that this is happening on our 15th anniversary. After all the furor dies down, I'd like to hold a 15th anniversary party, probably in the fall. Just trying to decide whether to have it in NYC or on SF this time.

SF!!!!!!!!!

Also crazy how time flies.

Brianpore

Reaction score
wierd. Maybe we'll have to do a screenshare. I would want my sys admin to handle this though, since he knows a lot more about this type of thing than do I.

Feel free to have them reach out about a screen share. Have a ton of stuff to post once i get it working.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads