Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to access your old B&S thread - and posting into the new B&S system

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Apr 21, 2017.

1. robxznyc

robxznyc Distinguished Member

@FrankCowperwood there's no bump button in the new B&S, except for update. So you have to type something, like "bump" if you wish, when you bump your listings. Listing owner can only see their listings' prices from the B&S main page and the listing's edit page, and can't see the buy button for their own listings.

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Thanks!

3. Moss

Moss Senior Member

Hi guys,

I like the new platform features, but I got an error as a buyer in clicking on the buy link to Paypal. StyleForum returned an error saying that the transaction failed, so I repeated the transaction a couple of times.

Turns out the transaction went through to Paypal (all three times), but the StyleForum error message was not correct. As a result, I paid three times and now have a serious mess to fix with PayPal and the seller's PayPal account was locked.

Hopefully, this problem can be resolved, since I'm fairly certain this is not an isolated incident.

Anything being done to resolve? I sent a couple of email messages to help, but did not get a response.

Thanks and really appreciate your help.

4. lesamourai

lesamourai Distinguished Member

is there any way to go back and delete old pictures we uploaded here? it was pretty easy to do from the gallery section before the move. i have the URLs if that helps.

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member Admin

Do you see anything when you browse to this page?

https://www.styleforum.net/media/users/lesamourai/

6. robxznyc

Hi @admin I wanted to delete a few media files (photos) from my album, but when I selected them I wasn't offered the delete option from the dropdown window. So I clicked on the tiny "delete" under all the photos but it deleted the album rather than the selected files. The album and media features are very confusing and whenever I posted a photo I wasn't clear where the photo was actually stored on the site.

7. admin

If you go to an individual photo inside of an album, do you see the "delete media" button on the top-right of the photo? Example page: https://www.styleforum.net/media/roda.2292602/

8. robxznyc

@admin hmm...yes I can see it now. I uploaded the current 3 photos after the previous album was deleted. The photos in the deleted album didn't have this page when I clicked on them. Anyway, i thought it was weird i wasn't allowed to delete them individually. Right now when I enter the album without selecting anything it already says two items were selected??

9. admin

If it's working right now, I'd just roll with it. If you see it doing something differently in the future, contact me before you delete, and I can login via your account and see what's happening.

10. lesamourai

11. admin

Then I think you're uploading your pictures as attachments to the thread, and not inside of your media gallery albums. Xenforo treats them as two separate things. I think you sending me the URLs to posts you want images deleted from would be the best way to go.

12. lesamourai

Ah, that might be the case. I'll PM the links then. Thanks for the help.

13. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Distinguished Member

@admin
    If I've posted a classified recently but made a mistake by posting in SW&D instead of CM, how do I delete it and post in the correct place?

14. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior Member

I wonder why sold items are still featured?

IMG_8103.PNG

Also, can you get rid of the big "rules" section when we are on the second page? It's kind of annoying to have to scroll past it on my mobile for each and every page of B&S I browse.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Unfortunately, that's not technically possible. I'll see if it is collapsible, but I suspect that it is not. At least, I didn't see that in the admin tools last time I was in there.