• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to access your old B&S thread - and posting into the new B&S system

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing that option on the right hand side. Can you post a picture of exactly what you mean to "remove from sale"?

ZudYmr.jpg

BampS_zpsoqqu4n4w.jpg

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Thanks. It seems adblock was blocking that frame of the page, and once I turned it off, it went away

Now I see how to close a listing

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I spoke too soon. I turned off adblock, clicked the "Remove From Sale" button and it did not actually close my listing and remove it from the active listings list.

See pics below @admin

The option to "remove from sale" is no longer visible since I toggled it already
upload_2017-6-6_16-1-8.png

Yet, my listing wasn't actually removed from the database
upload_2017-6-6_16-2-17.png

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
We've been talking with the developer about changing it, but it will take some time. As it stands right now your posting won't be removed from the db-- you can see the listing there is from April 23, which is on the last page of the Sportsjackets listings. Right now, older and sold listings will fall to the bottom of the listings, while new and newly-updated items will always be on the first pages of the category.

I recognize this isn't the best user experience for you right now, but we're working to improve it.

-Nathan

I spoke too soon. I turned off adblock, clicked the "Remove From Sale" button and it did not actually close my listing and remove it from the active listings list.

See pics below @admin

The option to "remove from sale" is no longer visible since I toggled it already
View attachment 793308

Yet, my listing wasn't actually removed from the database
View attachment 793309

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy I am also now unsure what to do in the case of these open "sold" threads? You said to report them, and I did the public service of flagging them all.

But I just received a contradictory alert saying: " Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Reporting a post sends it to the moderators. If you would like someone to close their thread, pm that person directly."

What should be done?
Nothing against you, but those listings were already marked as "closed". I was thinking that were were misleading listings that were not clearly marked as such.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Thanks. I see now what you and Nathan meant. (That there's no way to actually close your own listing at this time, and they have to sink to the bottom for the time being)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a limit on the number of B&S listings? Just realizing you can do more than 15 like in old system.

Some people have pages upon pages of listings...

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to leave feedback for sellers and buyers in this new system?

Best

acconrad

Reaction score
Is there no way to recover my images from my old listings? I'm being told I have no permission to retrieve them and that's a serious problem because I don't have backups of those images and I know they exist on the site.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you leave feedback, you need to supply the right thread. Every b&s thread has both an item url and a discussion url - one of those 2 urls is what the feedback form is looking for. Not intuitive for sure

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx. Just tried that for all the URL's of my sold B&S thread. Still getting this error:

Invalid thread specified. You can leave feedback only for the starter of the thread or if you have started the thread.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx. Just tried that for all the URL's of my sold B&S thread. Still getting this error:

Invalid thread specified. You can leave feedback only for the starter of the thread or if you have started the thread.
Arghh... Well, that's a security system gone wrong! Um, could you give ma a URL, and I'll see what I can find out?

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads