• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How the hell do you guys deal with your cotton pants in the summer?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
I hate, hate, hate the wrinkles. Not to get all DT, but sometimes I over-caffinate and have to take a dump as soon as I get to work. If I'm wearing cotton trousers, I spend the whole day wrinkled.

No ****.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
I've also observed that my BB Advantage Chinos are hard to get wrinkled.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
I hate, hate, hate the wrinkles. Not to get all DT, but sometimes I over-caffinate and have to take a dump as soon as I get to work. If I'm wearing cotton trousers, I spend the whole day wrinkled.

No ****.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan
I've also observed that my BB Advantage Chinos are hard to get wrinkled.
After a full night and day of air travel I was surprised that my BB ACs maintained a nice crease and were essentially wrinkle-free. I walked into my hotel and a couple of people commented on how fresh I looked compared to the others traveling with me.
smile.gif

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear cotton wrinkled, it's no big deal. Press them when they need a crease and only clean them when they are dirty or stained. The appearance of cotton & linen are the same animal to me.

Mr Pelican Pants

Reaction score
Iron them or don't worry about it. Those are pretty much the choices.

mrbateman

Reaction score
I hate wrinkles in pants and find that even with wool pants I get them. Specifically, I always get a wrinkle right under my belt caused from me sitting down and the excess material sort of bulding up orgathering. Also sometimes get wrinkles around the inside of my thighs from sitting. Ach, I know I am OCD!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wrinkled cotton chinos still look more put together than denim any day of the week.

marg

Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of BB chinos, 2 tan, 2 navy. I rotate them along with light-weight wool dress pants and other casual chinos for the summer business casual routine. The few wrinkles actually present fall out after a couple days on the hanger.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's no big deal. Just iron them after wearing. Yeah creases will show up. You can't always look like a clothing model or a WAYWRN pic. Try different pants too. I have some pants that are very thin and wrinkle too easily. I have others that hold up well after many wears without washing/ironing. I like cotton. Wool doesn't do this as much, but it provides a different aesthetic. I like cotton pants.

poissa

Reaction score
This is the conundrum that results from seperating yourself from the pack. It's not enough to have chinos/khakis because everyone and their mom has chinos and I'm trying to avoid the frat boy look of looking like I just woke up. It might be casual but in a world full of people who are too lazy to iron/press their clothes- this lends itself to grouping thyself as part of the herd. My solution like others- never wear chinos! Another issue that chinos appear to have if their longevity. It seems to me they will not outlast wool pants =\\

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides wrinkles, the lighter colors show dirt too damn easily--especially if I put something in my pocket, sit somewhere dirty, or brush against something. Hell, sometimes my shoe will scuff the pant leg and make it look like arse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads