Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How tall are you compared to your significant other

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by onix, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Not Ed Harris

Not Ed Harris Senior member

I'm about a foot taller than my wife (I'm 6'2") and there are times, in public, if she's not wearing heels that we look ever so slightly silly together. Doesn't really bother me, though I am always getting asked to reach for things.

Never really been with a tall girl. It think the tallest I've been with must be about 5'6".

2. onix

onix Senior member

Interesting how none of the 75 votes so far is for couple of the same height (+/-1)

3. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member

4. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

I notice that Vox has weighed in. Who is the other guy at < -16 ?

5. onix

onix Senior member

I notice that Vox has weighed in. Who is the other guy at < -16 ?

Foo?

6. milosz

milosz Senior member

Currently single, but I've never dated anyone over 5'3&quot; - so at least ten inches taller on average.

7. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Where the hell are you guys finding all these girls who are 5'1-5'3? 4'8??? WTF? Every girlfriend I've had has been 5'6 to 5'9.

8. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Lol every girlfriend I've had is usually right around 5'2. Never really thought anything of it..not a huge fan of the tall girls. A girl my height (6'1-6'2) would be weird to me. The tallest girl I've dated is probably 5'5ish.

9. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

im 6'3 and shes 5'2

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

Im 6'4&quot;, she's 5'11&quot;. The shortest I've gone is 5'3&quot; but I'd say the average girl I've dated is between 5'6&quot; to 5'9&quot;.

11. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Interesting how none of the 75 votes so far is for couple of the same height (+/-1)
    Same thought

Where the hell are you guys finding all these girls who are 5'1-5'3? 4'8??? WTF? Every girlfriend I've had has been 5'6 to 5'9.

Lol every girlfriend I've had is usually right around 5'2. Never really thought anything of it..not a huge fan of the tall girls. A girl my height (6'1-6'2) would be weird to me. The tallest girl I've dated is probably 5'5ish.
    [​IMG]

im 6'3 and shes 5'2
    [​IMG]

What's the opposite of napoleon complex [​IMG] Where are all the psych majors or Dr. Phil
    enthusiasts? Surely someone can offer a quasi-psychological explanation why tall men enjoy being with shorter than average women.

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Average is 5'4" for women in the US, shorter in some ethnic groups. Short women are not exactly uncommon.

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Officially at 6'4 after my physical yesterday. My girl is 5'6. I find that I still like to be a bit taller even when she is wearing some ridiculously high heels

14. Meis

Meis Senior member

For current GF: about 2in - I'm 5ft8 she's 5ft6/5.5
    shortest I've dated was about 5ft2 and tallest was half a inch taller than me
    WTF?

What's with all you tall guys stealing the shorties from us shorties?

But really, I always thought that tall guys--and all guys--prefer tall women. These girls of you must be pretty hot. I mostly see couples of roughly the same height all the time. This is strange.

IME its b/c there's an inordinate amount of short (5ft3 and under) women that are obsessed with tall men and guys that tower over them, like 10in+ height difference. The shortest girl I dated (5ft2) - I was the shortest guy she'd dated (still 6in taller than her) and most of her past bf were 6ft2 or taller... while the tallest girl I've dated (5ft8.5) I was pretty normal for her, almost every guy she'd dated was within and inch or so of her height in either direction.
    -I've found this to be pretty common... I get alot more attention from women that are 5ft4-5ft7 than I do from shorter women (unfortunately my preference is short, petite women[​IMG] )

15. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

What's the opposite of napoleon complex [​IMG] Where are all the psych majors or Dr. Phil
    enthusiasts? Surely someone can offer a quasi-psychological explanation why tall men enjoy being with shorter than average women.

I dont discriminate. I like em tall or short....I just like em hot. [​IMG] Ive always had a preference for petite girls though.