1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How soft are Dainite?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kaizo, Nov 17, 2012.

1. kaizo

kaizo Senior member

Hi I've recently bought my first pair of 'proper shoes', Wallace from Barkers in burgundy. My question is that the leather sole seems to be relatively comfortable but when I resole it in the future and I choose to have some Dainites installed how much softer (if it is) would it be? Also do you have any other softer alternative other than: dainite, vibram, commando, crepe etc...

Note:

• I prefer softer soles
    • the current ones are single leather soled
    • they are goodyear welted

Thanks in advanced :)

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Dainite isn't soft and it wears like iron. It will even wear longer than leather.
    Welcome to Styleforum.

3. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

A single leather sole is imo the most comfortable, of the man made materials the Dainites have always felt to me - the stiffest.

4. kaizo

kaizo Senior member

Hi thanks for the welcome and reply. :)

In that case would you have any recommendations for softer soles that I could try?

Also does dainites become more flexible upon repeated use like the leather soles?

Again thanks in advance.

5. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

Dainite's quite hard but softens up a little with repeated wear - it grips really well in general but careful going from wet streets to dry laminate floor... It's tough too so works great as a value for money all rounder sole

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  6. kaizo

kaizo Senior member

Thank you all very much for your replies I think I will go for the old school dainite soles for their first resoling. :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012