1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How slim are CT fitted shirts (compare to Pink slim fit)?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DGP, Aug 14, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Senior member

Never having tried these, I was wondering how the fit compares to shirts I own a lot of. Also, anyone have a current 50% off code?

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Never having tried these, I was wondering how the fit compares to shirts I own a lot of. Also, anyone have a current 50% off code?

There's a 40% off + free shipping code in the CT discount codes thread. There are a lot of threads on CT fit around as well; try searching for them. Basically, some people here will tell you they fit "like sails" (and how many of them, I wonder, have ever actually _worn_ a sail? [​IMG] ). Others will tell you the slim fits are reasonably slim. YMMV.

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

There's a 40% off + free shipping code in the CT discount codes thread. There are a lot of threads on CT fit around as well; try searching for them. Basically, some people here will tell you they fit "like sails" (and how many of them, I wonder, have ever actually _worn_ a sail? [​IMG] ). Others will tell you the slim fits are reasonably slim. YMMV.

A lot of these people don't tell you their size, so you're left guessing whether they're really tiny people trying to fit in rtw shirts, or what. There seems to be a large number of tiny people with 29 inch waists who are shocked, shocked that their shirts don't fit perfectly off the rack.

I'm 6'1", with a 35-36 waist and 42 chest, and have been wearing the 180's in a size 16x36, regular fit. I think its fit me slightly loose, but nowhere near BB's traditional fit. Fitted should be slimmer that, and I've just ordered 6 clearance shirts using one of the codes, and 4 of them are fitted, so I'll report back on how that goes.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

[​IMG]

Looks slim there. But yeah, you're not a skinny bastard like myself for instance. (well, relatively skinny [​IMG] )

6. boo

boo Senior member

If it helps, my chest is about 41", waist is 34"-34.5". An unwashed 16.5 x 33 slim fit is just right. Much better than similar sized BB shirt. Might be a tad roomier in the chest compared to odoreater's pic, but not by much.

7. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

By the way, the shirt I'm wearing in that picture has a 17.5" neck, and is from before I lost 30 lbs. When I was 30 lbs heavier, the shirt fit even slimmer, but was still good around the neck. Now, it fits like that but it's looser around the neck. I'll see if I can dig up a picture of myself wearing a size 17 CT slim fit shirt.

8. DGP

DGP Senior member

Well, I'm 6'1, 175 and my chest actually measures about 39, so I buy a 40 suit. I wear 31-32 in jeans, so my actual waist is probably about 33in. In the Pink shirts, a 15.5 fits me very well through the body, but I need a 16 neck. The 16 is too big to wear untucked, but is about right with a suit, which is what I want these for. If I find a pair of shoes on there worth trying, I might just try a shirt too.

9. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Well, I'm 6'1, 175 and my chest actually measures about 39, so I buy a 40 suit. I wear 31-32 in jeans, so my actual waist is probably about 33in. In the Pink shirts, a 15.5 fits me very well through the body, but I need a 16 neck. The 16 is too big to wear untucked, but is about right with a suit, which is what I want these for. If I find a pair of shoes on there worth trying, I might just try a shirt too.

as soon as i get my fitted shirts (which will have a 16 neck), i'll measure them and post the measurements so you can decide what to do.

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

as soon as i get my fitted shirts (which will have a 16 neck), i'll measure them and post the measurements so you can decide what to do.

Thanks.

11. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

Has anyone purchased/seen the quilted jacket? Is the collar suede? Is it lightweight?

12. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Here's what I measured for a 16 x 36 CT fitted shirt:

Chest: 46 inches (armpit to armpit)
    Waist: 43 inches (between the 2nd and 3rd button from the bottom)
    Length: 32 inches
    Neck: 16 inches
    Sleeve: 36 inches