• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How skilled of tailor to let out suit pants?

Lowndes

Reaction score
Need to have a couple pairs of dress pants let out an inch or so in the waist. How skilled of tailor is needed for this job? Just moved to the Upper West Side in NYC and don't know if the ones near me are any good yet. Is this a job that can be easily botched?

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a simple procedure.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
It's pretty tough to mess up.

arvidg

Reaction score
I'm no tailor, but that's a modification I could do. Actually, it's one that I've done at home with good results.

I'd rank it as easier than hemming.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.