1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How should the shoulder blades fall?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Mar 7, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

How should the shoulder blades fall on a jacket? Is there a slight break that occurs at the shoulder blades, or should they be perfectly smooth? I'll post a few pics and post them tomorrow to show what I mean.

Jon.

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

I know that some people prefer the fabric covering the shoulder blades to be perfectly smooth, but I would feel that it limits comfort. Still, it is possible to do, although I prefer the small break at the shoulder blades myself.

3. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Personal preference. Most bespoke tailors (except Fioravanti and certain Romans, Frenchmen, and a tiny number of Brits) will cut some "drape" or "pleating" over the shoulder blades. It is certainly more comfortable. But some guys simply hate the look, and would rather stand still in a perfectly clean coat.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

In 3 hours I will post what I have in 2 of my jackets, and show you . Now, I'm all upset.

Thanks though Manton.

Jon.

5. offshore observer

offshore observer Active Member

Good grief - 1430 posts.  Well done, sir.

p.s. enjoyed meeting and talking to you - look forward to reading your book.

6. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

When you put it like that, it makes me seem sort of obsessive. [​IMG]
    Me too. Thanks.