• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How should I reply to the VP?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a flattering email from the VP of the particular channel Im on at work and he cc'd my dept. head. (This guy is about 60 years old and kind of gruff, this is definetly NOT something I would expect from him. In fact, I havent much spoken with him. The fact that my boss was cc'd was nice but she hasnt said anything about it yet):

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that I am aware of how hard you are working for us. I know you are busting your hump on the xxx training, sales guide, and dealer communication. You are really stepping up for us. The xxx training is fantastic...you are going to blow the socks off those guys!

Sometimes I get busy and can't respond like I should...like yesterday...but some of that is trust...you are doing great work and I know you care about quality, so I feel less of a need to comment. You have no idea how valuable that is to me and the team.

Thanks for your contributions to our business. I don't stop by and say "thanks" enough...things are a little crazy in our channel right now...but without your focus and commitment we could not build this into the great channel that I know we can be some day.

Thanks again. Folks like you make the team "World Class".

I am a contractor at this company and at the bottom of the totem pole, so this recognition is nice, but I feel I need to follow it up and not sound like a tool. Do I even reply to this? If so, what do I say?

-I couldnt have done it without my co-workers.
-Anything to help the channel meet their numbers.
-You have no idea how little work I actually do. Lol, j/k.

Some of you are smooth, I need some recommendations in the next few hours so I can get it out by end of day... thoughts?

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
I received a flattering email from the VP of the particular channel Im on at work and he cc'd my dept. head. (This guy is about 60 years old and kind of gruff, this is definetly NOT something I would expect from him. In fact, I havent much spoken with him. The fact that my boss was cc'd was nice but she hasnt said anything about it yet):

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that I am aware of how hard you are working for us. I know you are busting your hump on the xxx training, sales guide, and dealer communication. You are really stepping up for us. The xxx training is fantastic...you are going to blow the socks off those guys!

Sometimes I get busy and can't respond like I should...like yesterday...but some of that is trust...you are doing great work and I know you care about quality, so I feel less of a need to comment. You have no idea how valuable that is to me and the team.

Thanks for your contributions to our business. I don't stop by and say "thanks" enough...things are a little crazy in our channel right now...but without your focus and commitment we could not build this into the great channel that I know we can be some day.

Thanks again. Folks like you make the team "World Class".

I am a contractor at this company and at the bottom of the totem pole, so this recognition is nice, but I feel I need to follow it up and not sound like a tool. Do I even reply to this? If so, what do I say?

-I couldnt have done it without my co-workers.
-Anything to help the channel meet their numbers.
-You have no idea how little work I actually do. Lol, j/k.

Some of you are smooth, I need some recommendations in the next few hours so I can get it out by end of day... thoughts?

Reply to both your boss and the V.P. saying:
- this recognition was quite unexpected, and you're flattered
- it has been a pleasure to work for - and with - both of them
- you hope to continue to exceed their expectations in the future

Keep it modest and short, I say.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thank you
this recognition is appreciated
i'm happy to be part of a team that works so well together and has great leaders
a lot of people contributed to this (like xxx, yyy, and zzz)
you can count on us in the future
thank you again

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the type of **** I write when I'm drunk. I would ignore it as I doubt he remembers sending it.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
This is the type of **** I write when I'm drunk. I would ignore it as I doubt he remembers sending it.

lol, it was at 6am, hahaha, so maybe the old man parties hard.

Im much better at taking criticism than taking praise

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hows this sound:

Thanks Mike,
The recognition is appreciated but I can't take credit. From the top down, its been a real team effort among the whole training and communication department. I think I can speak for everyone and say we hope to continue exceeding expectations and improving your channels numbers.

Personally, its been a great learning experience working at xxx and with your team. Here's to a strong rest of the year.

Have a good weekend.

Daddy

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch all the way to the end.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Hows this sound:

Thanks Mike,
The recognition is appreciated but I can't take all the credit. From the top down, its been a real team effort among the whole training and communication department. I think I can speak for everyone and say we hope to continue exceeding expectations and improving your channels numbers.

Personally, its been a great learning experience working at xxx and with your team. Here's to a strong rest of the year.

Have a good weekend.

Daddy

FTFY

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads