• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Is Too Old To Be Eating Cereal?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually have cereal for breakfast every other day. Today was one of those days. I was having a bowl of Sugar Crisp when the girl I was with shot me a look of confusion (could have been disgust, I'm not sure). Anyway, she goes, "Are you 8?". Well, she knows for a fact that I'm 23 so I know she wasn't serious.

Am I too old to be eating cereal?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't eat much cereal but if anyone thought I were immature for eating it at least it would be a good opportunity to mention some of the better Seinfeld bits.

When I visit my parents my mother still buys me Honeycomb -- and I still enjoy it.

schrag

Reaction score
Well, I guess Sugar Crisp and the like can be categorized as 'Kid's Cereal' (refined grain and sugar). Maybe if you had plain shredded wheat, raisin bran, granola or something not using a cartoon mascot you would have garnered more respect :D

svd

Reaction score
Too old to be eating cereal with an animal on the front of the box.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually alternate between Sugar Crisp and Lucky Charms. And I'm sorry but I don't really buy into the so-called "benefits" of shredded wheat/raisin bran type cereals. They look weird and taste like paper.

And LOL at why eating Honeycomb. It's like finding out Rick wears Levi's.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eating Grape-Nuts will always be appropriate for you, Neo.

Seriously, though, you're never too old for cereal - I still love Frosted Flakes.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
many self-respecting kids wouldn't touch muesli so you should be safe with that stuff.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I usually have cereal for breakfast every other day. Today was one of those days. I was having a bowl of Sugar Crisp [COLOR=FF00AA]when the girl I was with [/COLOR]shot me a look of confusion (could have been disgust, I'm not sure). Anyway, she goes, "Are you 8?". Well, she knows for a fact that I'm 23 so I know she wasn't serious.

:eh:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I usually have cereal for breakfast every other day. Today was one of those days. I was having a bowl of Sugar Crisp when the girl I was with shot me a look of confusion (could have been disgust, I'm not sure). Anyway, she goes, "Are you 8?". Well, she knows for a fact that I'm 23 so I know she wasn't serious.

Take her back to your place and make Rice Crispy Treats, that'll show her you're a boss.

I still love Frosted Flakes.

Our neighbor a few years back worked at the big ad agency in Chicago, forget the firm name, and created the Tony the Tiger character. When my daughter was 6 or 7 he would drop by during a birthday party, draw them a Tony The Tiger picture and teach them how to draw him. Nice man.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love cereal, just wish it had fewer calories as I prefer a gigantic bowl. Actual serving size always feels so small unfulfilling.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know the guy, who's also the winemaker at C.G. Di Arie, who "invinted" Cap'n Crunch - he was actually initially working on ways to make grains hydrophobic.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love cereal. I usually have two bowls each morning when I'm home.

LTJazz

Reaction score
Should have asked if her if she wanted to keep getting laid. Put that girl in her place.

Philip

Reaction score
nvm

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads