1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How old are these AEs?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 3, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

2. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

They were made on August 26th, 1993. Definitely!

No, just kidding[​IMG] How can anyone possibly tell from that picture?

3. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Well, someone who had a rough idea when they stopped writing "The hand-crafted world of..." on their insole would be able to hazard a guess. JLibourel?

4. well-kept

well-kept Senior member

At least a decade.

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I have a pair of AE's that I bought in a thrift store that seem very old. There is a small square cloth patch sewn onto the interior side of the leather with a now-somewhat faded AE coat-of-arms. My shoe vocabulary is obviously somewhat limited. They aren't spectators, but the top part between the laces and toes is white and the rest is brown.

6. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

They are from before the mid-1990's, but not before the 1980's (mid-80's?). Post this on AAAC; nomis will probably know for certain.

7. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I think it boils down to when A-E started putting the code that indicated the week and year of manufacture inside their shoes. If they've been doing this for quite a while, it should be a simple matter to determine the year of manufacture.