• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How often does one have to do stuff with a GF?

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Are you sure you are old enough for a serious relationship? I hate every second I'm not with my GF and we've been going out for over 7 years.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ that must suck a lot.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
merkur are you fucking serious? What's wrong with you?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schnurretiger
If they meet only once a week, I don't think he gets sucked a lot.

I guess if that's all you two do together, then you'd definitely miss it every minute... then again, who is this girl and why haven't you married her twice already?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
How often does one have to do stuff with a GF? Stuff as in go out together or just meet up. Is once a week not enough to keep a relationship going?

Depends on the people in the relationship. It is a spectrum from happy with once every week (or whatever time period) to happy only with near constant contact (several times a day being necessary).

That is why dating is useful. It allows you a chance to get to know people before you jump into a relationship, in theory. Kind of like a test drive before you buy (e.g. get married). You can test drive lots of cars before you buy one. . .

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
We're happy the way it is right now. And no, we don't just suck. We do other things, too.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
merkur are you fucking serious? What's wrong with you?

It's becoming clearer and clearer to me now why merkur's actually doing us all a favor when he edits most of his posts to ".."

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you sure you are old enough for a serious relationship? I hate every second I'm not with my GF and we've been going out for over 7 years.

Doesn't sound healthy to me. Hate every second you aren't with her? That's dependence, not love.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Man, you've never loved if you don't know that feeling.

That sounds like a serious case of infatuation, and maybe a little obsession, but not a healthy feeling of love. FWIW, I have been through that phase w/ my girlfriend. The first 8 months we were together was like that. Then, we realized it just wasn't healthy. Now we see each other every day when we're around each other, but not all day long or anything. It's been much better for our relationship that we both grow as adults and as people while not smothering each other.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Mmmm.. You shouldn't take things too literally.
But if my GF was living in the same town as I am and we'd only meet once a week, I wouldn't call her my GF. Personally, I like to share my life with the woman I'm together with. The way merkur describes it, it sounds like a convenient method of avoiding the hassle to find a willing woman every week. When you are married, you don't just meet once a week, either.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ehhhh

the crazy feeling is nice once in a while, but it is temporary chemical infatuation above all.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
It's becoming clearer and clearer to me now why merkur's actually doing us all a favor when he edits most of his posts to ".."
/thread

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%