• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you write online reviews for the things you buy?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today after researching an electronics component that I want to buy and realized that, despite depending on them for just about everything, I've never written a review in my life. Its odd, because I pretty much won't buy anything these days without looking for some sort of review, yet I don't do **** about them myself.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost never. If the item is bad, the assholes before me didn't do me any favours, so why should I? In the alternative, if the item is good, then the prior reviews should suffice.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never, and it's never occurred to me to do so.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
But, when you go to a website to buy a product, isn't the second thing you look at the user review rating? Its right there in your face on just about every major shopping website.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
But, when you go to a website to buy a product, isn't the second thing you look at the user review rating? Its right there in your face on just about every major shopping website.

this is true, and I probably aught to do it more often. any amount of information is important to a future buyer and just as I rely heavily on reviews I should do the same. as it is I only write a review once in a while for good or bad.

the biggest deterrent is usually that you have to register and have a user name and all. the last thing I need its another website to register to and get stupid emails from. I wish you could just click on a link for writing the review and do it that way.

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Almost never. If the item is bad, the assholes before me didn't do me any favours, so why should I? In the alternative, if the item is good, then the prior reviews should suffice.

This pretty much sums up what I was gonna write.

billsayers

Reaction score
I only tend to write reviews only when I completely love or hate the product.

I am what some may call a "vocal minority."

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

second part of this statement is ok. first part really?

if you felt you got screwed and that could have been prevented by a review to that effect you have no interest to warn the next dude? im not saying i actually do this, but saying tough on the next guy i got screwed so will you is a bit harsh no?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I pretty much look at professional and (as much as possible) unbiased reviews of new stuff before buying them but I've never given any review or feedback.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
second part of this statement is ok. first part really?

if you felt you got screwed and that could have been prevented by a review to that effect you have no interest to warn the next dude? im not saying i actually do this, but saying tough on the next guy i got screwed so will you is a bit harsh no?

You don't know me that well, do you?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't know me that well, do you?

not as far as you know anyway, why?

Big T

Reaction score
I used to because the requests always seemed so personal. Now it is rare that I do, and usually if the item or service was crap.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Constantly check them, never write them. I have given star ratings to a few Android apps, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads