• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear the same clothing?

Brad2119

Reaction score
Like generally speaking... how long is the longest you can go without wearing the same shirt/pants/footwear? Of course it varies, we all have favorites and whatnot, but generally speaking, is your collection big enough that you can not touch the same shirt for at least a month, or the same jeans/shoes?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually change like 3 times a day. So, not very long.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
I change when I get home from work. Otherwise I wear the same shirt/pants maybe 2 - 3 times a month. I drop a hefty load off at the dry cleaner's every other day though so it's all fresh in the rotations.
Only 3 pairs of shoes are appropriate for my job so I have to flip those around often.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
probably about 6 months

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madstaxbro
I change when I get home from work. Otherwise I wear the same shirt/pants maybe 2 - 3 times a month. I drop a hefty load off at the dry cleaner's every other day though so it's all fresh in the rotations. Only 3 pairs of shoes are appropriate for my job so I have to flip those around often.
uhoh.gif

Abliss

Reaction score
Hard to say exactly, i have a lot of basic clothing that i wear on a regular basic (differently combined) i most likely change t-shirt/shirt everyday but Cardigan, Jeans knitwear etc. can easily be used 2-3 days in a row.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same stuff all. the. effin. time.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on like a 2 week rotation for shirts. My goal is to get it up to 4.

kwsloot

Reaction score
3 different colour fp polo and 3 different berms and 3 different sandal for school...
Which is to say i repeat my outfit every 3 day. Who gives a 'H' abt ur outfit in school man.. can't even get enough sleep

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have developed a look that I wear all the time and have multiple pieces of same items. And even though I change twice a day, people think I wear same clothes all the time
eh.gif

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weekly. I've got 5 Polos, 4 button ups, some assorted t-shirts, and 3 pairs of pants to rotate around. I'm a fan of minimal closets. Hrm.. I do have more pairs of shoes that I have shirts, though.
biggrin.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear only like 3 pairs of pants, 3 different shoes, so they get worn often. Shirts/knits/button ups are on a two week rotation.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
recently grew out of alot of my stuff, so i only have like a week and a half's worth of shirts now.

also two pairs of jeans, one of which i hardly ever wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads