• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear a suit vs. how many suits you own

krish88

Reaction score
I have 4, wear them at most once a week (typically once every 2 weeks)

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I also have several shoes that I wear several times a month, if that's helpful.

- B

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am afraid I do not have any suits that I wear several times a month.
shog[1].gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Own 20+ suits but only wear 1-2 suits per month. I am currently in the process of trying to slim down what I own. I will soon be listing several of them on the B&S thread in the hopes of accomplishing this. -LR

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Twice a week. Own more than allowed by Style Forum.

+1. too embarrassed to reveal number.

i should say, though, that only a small subset of the suits receive heavy wear, and the vast majority get worn infrequently. i travel a fair amount, so i tend to pack staples that work with a variety of shirts and ties. this means that the plaids, exotic multistripes, and so on have ended up being indulgences that i really don't need... and use little. had i right-sized my wardrobe strictly based on what i need and really wear, i'd probably have no more than 5-6. i'm ashamed to admit that the number i own is a multiple of that.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I wear a suit six days a week.

I own 14 suits. 2 are summer suits that are too light for winter wear. I rotate through them very regularly, although not on a schedule.

This does not include my tuxedo or my scuba suit.

I don't actually own a scuba suit.

i have 2 scuba suits, a 3mm shorty for warm water and a 5/3mm for normal water
wear them about 5-10 times a year

this does not include my cat suit or spiderman suit

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
I wear suits four days a week and own six.

kraftar

Reaction score
I have 6 suits and wear suits somewhat infrequently. I probably average wearing a suit 1.5 times per week, but there are alot of weeks where I won't wear one at all and them some weeks where I'll wear a suit everyday.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same suit over and over again without cleaning it to preserve it's rawness for as long as possible.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I wear the same suit over and over again without cleaning it to preserve it's rawness for as long as possible.

in case you are also looking to break in the canvas, there were some advanced techniques discussed in the rubinacci thread that you may benefit from.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't read, but normally I just lay in a tub of water, then walk around until the suit dries. Lllllike a glove!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear suits mostly every business day.

svelten

Reaction score
Only wear a full suit ~10 times a year, only half of which are for business/work related functions or interviews while the other half are for social occasions. Hence I only own two suits (charcoal, light wool, 3 button, notch lapel, single vent & navy, heavier wool, 2 button, peak lapel, double vent) and both have kept their condition very well. To get more use out of them I wear them as separates occasionally.

YoroiChuu

Reaction score
I have one suit but I never wear it because it is ugly.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have approx. 16 OTR suits (bought over 15 years). Half warm weather, half cold weather.
I wear a suit 2 days per week. 3-4 days per week I wear a sport jacket.
My dinner jacket gets only 1-2 wearings per year, on average.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads