1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you wash your hair?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Aiwass, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Listi

Listi Senior member

Bar soap is not very strong. Try washing your hands with bar soap after working on a car and you'll see what i mean.

Sebaceous glands are located all over your body, not just on hair.

The proteins and vitamins in shampoo are pretty much useless. They don't penetrate into the hair or past the layers of dead cells on your scalp. Even if they did somehow penetrate into hair, you have to remember that hair is dead, so there is no way that they could be useful.

Hair is made beneath the dead layers of skin. I've never heard of a product proven to increase the health of the hair.

Having said that, from time to time i do enjoy the luxury of nice shampoo and conditioner, if only for the smell, and the cosmetic feel that the conditioner leaves.

You've got some problems with your argument.

But it seems like you've been doing research, and I have my own research to do (that actually matters) so I'll just say 1 word and you can get back to me with a rebuttal if you choose:

surfactants

2. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

I wash it once a day...I wish i could do it less but i cant.

3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

surfactants

...soap and shampoo are both surfactants.

4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

You've got some problems with your argument.

But it seems like you've been doing research, and I have my own research to do (that actually matters) so I'll just say 1 word and you can get back to me with a rebuttal if you choose:

surfactants

haven't really been doing any research. know it from basic chemistry and biology.

but yeah, i'm pretty sure they are both surfactants.

5. dc3

dc3 New Member

Every other day, usually.

6. cgardel

cgardel Senior member

Every month that includes an 'R'.

7. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

8. hastur

hastur Senior member

Isnt that considered washing it?

I shampoo with Kiehls herbal shampoo and condition with Kiehls amino acid conditioner. My hair the best its every been, switched from Grocery store 'expensive' brands and couldnt be happier.

Washing it? Well, according to some people, if you aren't using soap every day, your hair isn't clean, and you aren't washing it, so I'm not so sure [​IMG]

9. Parallel

Parallel New Member

Once per day minimum. Any less and it gets disgustingly oily.