How Often Do You Talk to Your Parents?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Neo_Version 7, Jun 13, 2012.

1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Every day with mother, every day or every other day with pops/

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

You live at home???
    :eh:

3. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

pretty much the same. usually pretty quick, do a conference call with my brother around 10pm. just to say hi, goodnight, etc.

4. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

That a sad story. Though they don't exactly match, they are complementary. I reckon fortitude + ambition = success. Fortitude goes w/ devotion, too. You endure the pain or disappointment because those you love can cause the most distress. I think one needs a bit of wisdom to be resourceful, yeah?

Me. I speak to my father twice a year. And we talk for hours and hours. I actually think our relationship is quite close. My mother... it's an effort to call her, and I do every 2 - 3 weeks, but it's due to obligation rather than any real desire to do so. Prates on and on about people I don't know, things I care little about, but I listen, feign interest, and then say my goodbyes... 10 minutes into it. We don't have a good relationship.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

5. nootje

nootje Senior member

@curzon,

your reply is proper, but wasted on mr. Treehorn as he cited part of speech from the movie Gladiator. The son proceeded to kill the father after those remarks..

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Though not an active or enthusiastic user, my mother is on facebook but she's suprisingly hasn't tried friending me. Dunno if I should be relieved or disturbed

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Is her profile at least visible? :uhoh:

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Nope, just always been this way

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I talk to my mom usually once a week. My dad is usually close by, so he'll ask my mom to say hi to me, and I'll do likewise.

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

If she's a good conversationalist, encourage her to volunteer for some sort of hotline.

11. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I speak to my parents about once a week. I enjoy talking to them and we usually talk for a long time. I wish they lived next door. My father is the only person I ask for advice on any regular basis.

What happened?

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

talked to one of my parental unit about money yesterday. the passive-aggressive tendency, the i-am-a-victim mentality and the bare face lies really strengthens by belief that in my case, I will never get along with them, we will never get to know each other better, its just a parents-offspring relationship at its basest form. they never wanted to know me more as a person rather than someone that they raised and someone that they can demand things from being that I owe them that, and I couldn't care less. I'm not sorry about it, I don't feel sad or remorseful that things are like this. this is the environment they like to put themselves in, and the only good that comes out of this is I learn from this mistake, and I will raise my kids in a whole lot better environment.

13. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

speak to my mum on the phone about twice a week and a few text messages or emails as well. try and see her at least once a week also.

inevitably see my inlaws way more than my own mother which i try and balance out

14. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

E-mails two or three times a week each. I also drop by their place once a weekend.

15. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

My memory is fuzzy and hazy most days but that's from The Gladiator when Joquain Phoenix goes to Germany to speak to Richard Harris.