Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How often do you go to the barber/hair-stylist?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Europe's Finest, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Europe's Finest

Europe's Finest Well-Known Member

It would be great if everybody could reply. I would like to see if you guys have the same manners when it comes to hair and barbers. ~THX~ [​IMG]

2. parsonsdb

parsonsdb Well-Known Member

I cut my hair about ever two weeks. I have short hair, so I can cut it. No worries. [​IMG] parsonsdb

3. TyRi

TyRi New Member

Once a week for me... and while on this subject let me say that a hair cut/hair style is something many men should give a great deal more consideration. If you happen to wear an ugly shirt at least you dont have to wear it tomorrow or you can put on a jacket for that matter, but a hair cut is something different all together. There is no hiding it around the office....if it sucks, well you look stupid...not just for the day but for a good two weeks at a minimum.

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I get my hair cut about every 2-2.5 months. I have longer hair so all I need is a maintainence cut every so often, but when I do get it cut I take at least an inch and a half off, and then let it grow out again.

I strongly agree TyRi that most men don't pay enough attention to their hair cut. I know alot of people that will pay $100+ for a shirt and then get a $7 hair cut. This is just one area you can't skimp on.

For years I went to the $10 barber and was dissapointed each time. Finally I gave in; so now I spend $35 plus tip. However now I'm satisfied even though its expensive.

5. joshxfoo

joshxfoo Member

I generally only go about once every month and a half, which isn't nearly enough. My hair grows fast; I should be going twice a month.

But I'm not happy with my haircut at all anyways, so it doesn't really matter. At least not until I come up with a better idea.

6. FRATERNITYSTUD

FRATERNITYSTUD Well-Known Member

When I keep my hair short (1-1.5'') ever 4 weeks, but lately I have been growing it out (3.5''), so about every 2.5 months.

7. Ignoramus

Ignoramus Member

About every three weeks for me. I usually trim the back of my neck in the meantime though.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I used to be on the four-week plan, but now I see my hair stylist (if you pay someone more than $20 to cut your hair, he/she cannot be considered a "barber") once every three weeks.  My hair is short (but not excessively so) and slightly messy, and this schedule allows me to avoid looking like I need a haircut or just had a haircut.

9. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior member

I have short hair that grows way too fast. I get it cut ever 2.5 weeks.

10. Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest Active Member

I am not planning to encounter a barber sometime soon since I am nursing a baby afro at this moment.

11. GatorStyle

GatorStyle Senior member

Every 2-3 weeks.  My hair is shorter on the sides/back but longer on top/front.  So I get the sides and back done each visit, but I usually alternate as to the rest of it (i.e. every other time I leave the front and top untouched, with trims on those areas on alternating visits).

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm becoming addicted to shorter and shorter hair. It used to be once every three weeks, then it was once every two weeks, and now its about once every 12-13 days. Come to think of it, I think that my barber is making a fair bit of money off me without having to do much work.

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I'm in Mike C's camp- 4 weeks on the inside, 8 on the outside.

LAG- you and I are exact opposites again- LOL...

14. Magnat

Magnat New Member

15. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

6-8 weeks