1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you get complimented about your outfit?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by stylar, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Da Luis Vuitton Don

Da Luis Vuitton Don Senior member

a few days ago(last Saturday) a female acquaintance of mine told me i looked different that day, very well maintained.i figure it was my Purple Label RL shirt/ polo jacket combo.the colors were very dark but obvious expensive clothes were obviously expensive and fit well [​IMG]

2. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

I can't tell you the number of comments I get when I wear a pocket square. and, every time I wear those burgandy chinos (seriously I'm not spamming) somebody says something to me. Every time.
    Pic of the chinos, por favor

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Pic of the chinos, por favor
    dude, see my sig link...

4. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Well-Known Member

My threadless tees probably have gotten more compliments than anything else. But I doubt that this is because people find them aesthetically pleasing, they probably are just customers and are expressing in-group preference. Aside from that, interesting outerwear, followed by boots.
    uh... seriously? the first thing a woman looks at after making eye contact is your shoes. maybe not all the time, but like 99 times out of 100. this is basically the one and only indicator she would need to judge a potential suitor if she were still interested after the initial eye contact, not unlike you checking out some jugs or dat ass. wouldn't really think that such a thing required explanation.
    Is this true? I suppose I've taken this to be a cliche, which usually are partially true, but I can't fully understand why it would be so.
    I can't tell you the number of comments I get when I wear a pocket square. and, every time I wear those burgandy chinos (seriously I'm not spamming) somebody says something to me. Every time.
    I have a pair of burgundy 511s and they seem to get more compliments than other pants.

5. Made in California

Is this true? I suppose I've taken this to be a cliche, which usually are partially true, but I can't fully understand why it would be so.
    Your shoes are invariably the most expensive item on your outfit (ignoring optional jewelry that's not always there or visible like a watch).

6. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Everytime I wear one of my favourite suits, I always get at least one compliment....

The only problem is I only own 2 of said very nice suits!!

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

you should ignore complements unless they are from (1) someone who knows what they are talking about, which irl is very rare, or (2) someone you want to hook up with. all other compliments are worthless.

8. Made in California

dude, see my sig link...
    Sig peeped, PM sent

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

In the states-- minus SF, Miami, NYC. Hardly ever.

I do get compliments on footwear and socks though LOL

Miami? Really? A lot of Ed Hardy, baggy shorts, mandals,...

Edit- IME. I have only been to Miami twice in the last three years.

Edit 2- I just noticed this a pretty old thread. I clicked on a sig quote.

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

you should ignore complements unless they are from (1) someone who knows what they are talking about, which irl is very rare, or (2) someone you want to hook up with. all other compliments are worthless.

+10000

Not to mention the dreaded insult-compliment ("omg you're sooo trendy/you dress so nice just like <insert famous douche>)

11. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Up here in Northern michigan, about 70% of the people all they wear are fleece. i understand a lot of it has to do with the cold weather. it makes me look like i'm overly dressed all the time, i like to dress somewhat business casual, it kind of fits my personality.
    Not to mention the dudes that wears shit like this at my college:
    [​IMG]

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

haha I love this thread. the only compliments I accept are from jet.

13. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Up here in Northern michigan, about 70% of the people all they wear are fleece. i understand a lot of it has to do with the cold weather. it makes me look like i'm overly dressed all the time, i like to dress somewhat business casual, it kind of fits my personality. Not to mention the dudes that wears shit like this at my college: [​IMG]
    lol