• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you get complimented about your outfit?

thomasec

Reaction score
Not nearly enough considering how much I ******* spend...

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Got a few comments in the past week at work that have been basically a thinly veiled "what the ****". Ie, "wow, you obviously put a lot of effort into clothes", which is almost a compliment but not quite. This in relation to today's waywt by the way.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
if you get compliments from clueless dumbfucks you ain't got no steez

if you get called a *** or **** that's when you know you've reached sf status

No one even bothers calling me a ****, gay dudes just start hitting on me whenever and wherever. I feel like the prettiest girl at the dance! I've been hit on by dudes while out with my (now ex) girlfriend. I've been hit on in bars, in stores, walking down the street, waiting for the bus...

mondayc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
who want to wear them leaving me blind.
Hate when people want to do that, especially my glasses. A normal person can see into the future with a prescription as strong as mine. *Normally twice or so a week

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can attest I haven't been called gay until I started reading this forum.
bigstar[1].gif

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
if you get compliments from clueless dumbfucks you ain't got no steez

if you get called a *** or **** that's when you know you've reached sf status

lmao. sigged.

i hate being hit on by ****.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
i hate being hit on by ****.

I don't even care about it anymore. I used to get pissed, but now I just laugh at it.

The idea that the way someone LOOKS has any bearing on their sexuality bothers me though, the gay people I know dress pretty normally. People are like "Oh, I thought you were gay because of how you dressed." and I was like "How many gay guys do you know who dress ANYTHING like I do?" and they are like "None..." and I am like "So your logic is, what? I look "good" therefore I must like cock?"

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a girl in one of my college classes who brought up how she was trying to figure out if our professor was gay simply because he rolled up his pants
plain.gif

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score
Just about every time I get off of work & change into my shoes, I get a compliment.

Other than that, I always get comments from friends about my style of dress. I'd rather not get the bedroom eyes of a homosexual on the train though.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I don't even care about it anymore. I used to get pissed, but now I just laugh at it.

The idea that the way someone LOOKS has any bearing on their sexuality bothers me though, the gay people I know dress pretty normally. People are like "Oh, I thought you were gay because of how you dressed." and I was like "How many gay guys do you know who dress ANYTHING like I do?" and they are like "None..." and I am like "So your logic is, what? I look "good" therefore I must like cock?"

It still bothers me though.

And yeah agreed, +1.

Originally Posted by J.T. Thunderbird
I'd rather not get the bedroom eyes of a homosexual on the train though.

+1. Or on the bus. Or anywhere. That look actually scares me pretty bad.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's quite flattering, at least I know I have options
laugh.gif
Most compliments for me come from my jeans (quite a few girls think my PBJs make ****** look good, if anyone's considering them, and the purple makes them go apeshit)

dragonxking

Reaction score
i get alot of "why are you so dressed up?" comments
i'd say those count as compliments

Raxxman

Reaction score
Once or twice a month.

Or whenever I see my mum.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Riio
do you guys seriously get angry if a gay dude hits on you?
facepalm.gif

I think it would be normal to at least be weirded out, ya know. Also, being put in situations where you feel awkward aren't fun. That includes a stranger hitting on you in a public area around others....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads