• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How often do you get complimented about your outfit?

stylar

Reaction score
About weekly, for me - though I'm a guy, which I think makes compliments rather rare.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that often from strangers. Fairly regularly from friends. More often if I wear something noticeable/weird. Two of them are consistent with complimenting new stuff I wear and it's flattering that they keep a fairly accurate mental catalogue of my wardrobe.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
almost never, but people comment my dog at least twice daily (he's a chick magnet)

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
once or twice per day mainly by male type coworkers....some times the hottie cashiers like to tell me i got it going on....(cashiers at stores.only cashiers at my work are in our personal cafeteria)

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i get complimented everyday about twice at least when im at work. on weekends, more or less smiles from people affirming. not bragging just stating the truth.

its not bragging if someone asks you first

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Outfit?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
well if wondering if you're gay is a compliment, then boy...

people are always like "oh, look at me, my pants end where my legs end. Oh, and my suit sleeves don't cover my hands neither. And I'm wearing a tie, oh..."

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Outfit?

i guess "outfit" sounds moar tailored towards women.What word do you think would fit better, attire?

phildo

Reaction score
I get the most compliments on my glasses from strangers, a couple of times a month maybe more if its at a bar with drunk girls who want to wear them leaving me blind.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
i guess "outfit" sounds moar tailored towards women.What word do you think would fit better, attire?

Yes, I approve of attire.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that hard to get compliments from normal folks. You can copy the look of a model from BR or J. Crew and still would get praised by ordinary folks. But to get positive comments from the members here on the other hand.....lol.

word

Reaction score
Seems like shoes get the most attention for me. Friends will notice when something is new though.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.