• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often are 36S/38S high-quality staple suits/jackets sold on B&S?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of stuff like PRL/RLBL in 36S/38S in staple colors and patterns. Should I even bother checking B&S everyday?

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
I'm thinking of stuff like PRL/RLBL in 36S/38S in staple colors and patterns. Should I even bother checking B&S everyday?

Depends on your definition of staple. There's a BBBF 36R, navy pinstripe right now on there somewhere for a great price. If you're only looking for solids, tough luck. Navy blazers more common.

36Rs are rare in general, but I'm around that or a slim 38R and I often find stuff (that I have to ignore because I don't wear suits to work).

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TONS of 38S RLBL and RLPL tailored stuff right now on eBay

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sportin_life
Uh, where?
Type in "Ralph 38S." Experiment with different keywords like: Polo, Purple Label, Black Label, etc. Edit: forgot to put "eBay" into my sentence

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll have to be patient, but the B&S forum here is pretty good for small sizes.

I have a BBBF suit about that size that I will put up when I get time.

KevM

Reaction score
Im a 38S and there isn't too much on B&S. The ebay stuff right now seems to be mostly Green Label stuff.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
38's will pop up.... 36 less so since not all lines come in size 36.... short sizes even less since most companies don't make huge amounts of short sizes... staples even less since those items tend to sell at full retail and not to find their way through bargain bins onto B&S

Just go to a store and buy it if you are in a hurry, otherwise you're waiting for lightning to strike. Alternatively buy from an affiliate like Howard Yount or The Armoury which will have full size runs and your size.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KevM
Im a 38S and there isn't too much on B&S. The ebay stuff right now seems to be mostly Green Label stuff.

You're not looking hard enough

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rarely see black label 38s for sale and I scour these forums regularly. There is often purple label 38s on ebay but I'm still not sold on purple label fit.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's actually a bunch of black RLBL 38S blazers and some stuff in pinstripes on ebay but no solid staples at the moment.

AlphaAndTheOmega

Reaction score
Generally, if these suits do appear and they are a reasonable price (<800) they will be gone within 2-3 hours max. I remember the last 38S Navy RLBL went for 800 and it was gone within an hour. You can decide how much your time is worth.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
You're not looking hard enough
+1.

If you are a true 36S I would try kid sizes. Many Brooks Brothers and Polo kids pieces will fit you. They will be as cheap as chips too.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
+1.

If you are a true 36S I would try kid sizes. Many Brooks Brothers and Polo kids pieces will fit you. They will be as cheap as chips too.

Uh, no need. And IMO the kids stuff is just that. If you just want a navy blazer I guess - but why bother when in B&S right now there are at least 3 very nice ones for sale?

I'd suggest learning your measurements so that you can look at the B&S forum agressively. I used to think it was impossible to find 36S but actually I see a ton of this stuff now that I've been actively looking at measurements and not soley the size.

Yoox is also good but also a total crapshoot, tons of stuff in our size just be prepared to make returns.

Haunt your outlets - my Saks/NM/Nords don't seem to have much in good brands but the new Bloomies has a full rack of good brands in our size! I've already passed on 3-4 suits/SCs because I really don't need them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads