• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOW NOT TO PROMOTE YOURSELF: New clothing line Fuel Star is finally here!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just read the "About Fuel Star" section. "Success is going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm." you just can't make this **** up.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
*Heads over to SuFu*

link it when it appears
devil.gif

we don't like your shirts because there's no xsmall.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my god why did I study all day and miss this clusterfuck.

riraito

Reaction score
nice i waas on the first page. i will live in SF history

edit: i read this thread and all i got was this cool new avatar.

THIS THREAD WAS A SUCCESS

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, this thread came and went before google even had a chance to cache it.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
And now he's in this thread, editing all his poasts to "uff" and "[Q"
Thank God for quotes, right? A mod should restore this thread so that we may all have lulz over the holidays

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This seems to happen any time a rep from one of these upstart Hypebeast brands sticks around past the initial shill.

1) Regulars mock the brand
2) Rep attempts to justify the brand's products (always t-shirts)
3) Regulars mock the brand
4) Rep picks one of the shirts from the pile and tries to convey its biting social commentary
5) Regulars mock the brand
6) Rep posts a slightly less grammatically sound post "this is what streetwear is"
7) Regulars suggest rep lurk moar
8) Rep realizes he isn't selling any shirts here and goes into a profanity-filled, discriminatory rant brimming with grammatical and spelling hazards

OP really outdid himself here, though. Shirts weren't even bad, just unremarkable. We all had our kicks in the WvsG thread earlier this week, but this is a true example of a brand rep just shredding any credibility in the span of 24 hours. OP did a hell of a job stripping any of that self-perceived pomp and circumstance about the brand's integrity.

aerether

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
We all had our kicks in the WvsG thread earlier this week

May I ask just what happened for WvsG?

Also, I seem to have missed all the fun. Sigh.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The abridged version:

Someone said the pea coat looked terrible on everyone who had posted. A couple more people voiced agreement, including chrono, who went on quite the rant about what a disaster it was and suggested everyone return their coats. Mauro then more or less lost his cool and implied a confrontation should the two of them ever meet again. Then there was like 134 pages about whether or not Mauro was in the wrong. It ended with people posting South Park pictures and Razelle saying something was "SO DOPE SO DOPE."

The end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads