• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How not to pitch your ebay goods

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trolling clothes on ebay has turned up a new-to-me phenomena that seems to be gaining momentum: using your wife/gf/piece to model men's clothing. It's getting downright scary:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAKS-FIFTH-AVENU...item19b9b173aa

Gives a whole 'nother meaning to "double breasted".

No, this isn't spam. And, thank God, I don't have any relation to the seller. My only point is that if you, dear reader, are one of the people pulling this sort of crap, please stop. Thank you. Carry on.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
or at least get a better lookin' wife!

Kurt N

Reaction score
^ Now, now. Don't dump on the poor woman just because she let her man talk her into this dumb stunt. Anyway, I think she probably looks fine; it's just a bad photo.

boatshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
Trolling clothes on ebay has turned up a new-to-me phenomena that seems to be gaining momentum: using your wife/gf/piece to model men's clothing. It's getting downright scary:

I think she is the seller, not a husband or bf. If you look at her other items, they are mostly women's clothing.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The seller might have better luck selling used women underwear. This "phenomena" has been around for quite awhile, its just new for you.

E.Said

Reaction score
I wonder how much they are saving, I mean a mannequin can't be that much can it?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
razl,
have you noticed the coat is a 44R, and fits her perfectly in the shoulders?
She's a big girl and probably powerful enough to tie most of us into pretzels.
If you do decide to contact her with criticism, please do so with extreme caution,
and...I don't know you.
boxing[1].gif

overdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
some do it better than others http://shop.ebay.com/fashion.addict6...&_trksid=p4340
Wow. Every single item has bids. This includes second hand hollister shirts and crap like that. Its as if all these people have been deluded into thinking that they will get to see her naked if they buy the clothes off of her body.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet some creepy guys bid on her stuff just to have something that's been held up by her fake biddies.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
I bet some creepy guys bid on her stuff just to have something that's been held up by her fake biddies.

This is not even subject to debate. It's absolutely true.

Maybe some youngins here don't remember, ebay banned the phrase "Jock worn" years ago because almost any item in the world sold better when shown either next to sweaty mens feet or sweaty woman crotch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads