• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how much will japanese denim stretch out

masterpp

Reaction score
guys, how much give can one expect from good/heavy quality japanese denim (particularly samurai and DIOR homme raws.

ta

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by masterpp
guys, how much give can one expect from good/heavy quality japanese denim (particularly samurai and DIOR homme raws.

ta

About as much as all the denim I've tried. Everything I've worn has stretched to the same degree.

masterpp

Reaction score
which is how much= sorry im new to dry denim- only ever bourght levis before

Brian SD

Reaction score
which is how much= sorry im new to dry denim- only ever bourght levis before
It all depends on how tight they are in the first place. For example, my current jeans started out at 29.75" inches, and are now 31" even. My Nudies which started out 31" only stretch to maybe 31.5" (since my hips are about 30.5", where I wear the jeans). If you get them tight, but comfortable enough that you can button them up all the way, they'll stretch out to a regular-fit waist.

masterpp

Reaction score
i meant more on the thigh. i bourght dior homme raw denims in the japanese 19 and i bourght them in the size in which i can comfortably do them up on the waist. in fact they are loose ish on the waste.

but they are pretty tight on the leg for old thunder thighs.

how can i loosen them around the hips abit

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you shoulda got the 21? Either way, just wear them and they will loosen up a bit. Not sure it'll be as much as you want though...

Brian SD

Reaction score
i meant more on the thigh. i bourght dior homme raw denims in the japanese 19 and i bourght them in the size in which i can comfortably do them up on the waist. in fact they are loose ish on the waste. but they are pretty tight on the leg for old thunder thighs. how can i loosen them around the hips abit
Hmm. My advice would be to consider returning them and find a pair of jeans that gives you more tightness on the waist with more looseness in the hip/thighs area. If the Diors are tight on your thighs, you can wait it out and they will stretch.. but wash em again and they'll just go back to being super tight. It's all up to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads